Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Lovebird on Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:33 am

Kathi, if you prefer to start the second part of your journal at a different post I could change it as I can merge/split too, being a moderator. Any point before the 1100th post would work, which would be NM's post on this page (or rather the last one as my reply will show at the top of a new page, being the 125th reply). You could even start a new one (to have a first post) and I'll move the rest there if you like. Just a thought.

@Greensprout:
That's easy... as it happens on the 45th page of any thread, no need  to keep count otherwise. Ofcourse a mod would have to lock the first journal to prevent any new posting to it, which is now done automatically.

@Tomi:
Every page in whatever thread can contain up to 25 posts... as is obvious when you click (for example) the Diaries section, which shows the number of replies (just add the first reply for post count).

There was a thread http://primalforums.forumotion.com/t50-a-print-screen-of-helpful-posts that explained the use of the orange icon that takes you directly to the first unread post of any chosen thread when clicked...

Not sure whether you use the 'view posts since last visit' or simply click the journal section, but it works either way. It's in front of the thread title, at the left of the screen.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:42 am

^ If you click on, say, "Primal Diaries" from the home page, the list of threads comes up. There is a column called "replies" that shows the count you want.
Also, you can go directly to the last posted entry in the thread by:
A. For unread posts - click the orange "bullet" to the left of the thread name or
B. For all posts -- click the "bullet" by the username in the "Last Posts" column, it will be orange for unread, gray for read.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:54 am

Thanks, LB and Rig, I will just go with it as is now. I was so proud of myself having so many pages, but I know. I am saving the link (that's the hard part as new people will not know my story) to my old pages. Maybe you should put this information on the How To thread?
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:59 am

Great sleep, but I still feel a bit groggy. After I get some coffee in, I need to clean up enough to go to the grocery store/pharmacy.

I need to be alert enough to pull together the MSN summer syllabi (due Friday), balance the checkbook and pay bills (of course I procrastinated), and place an order for the kid's wedding rehearsal dinner. My massage therapist texted me yesterday with an opening this afternoon, so I will have a massage for the first time in a long time.

Chicken wings are for dinner.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:01 am

Yeah, I think an entry in "how to" would be handy also on this. My round tuit will free up on Monday, I'll try and get it done then.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:09 am

Rig D wrote:Yeah, I think an entry in "how to" would be handy also on this. My round tuit will free up on Monday, I'll try and get it done then.

No one else is close to 40 pages so there doesn't need to be a rush.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:58 pm

I got a bunch of mindless tasks done, as well as the grocery procurement. Massage was great, I'm a bit sore across my shoulders. I wish I could take an Epsom bath, but it's still off limits.

I moved the financial stuff and syllabi to tomorrow when I hope to be more alert.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:49 am

Great sleep last night. No groggy feeling this morning. So usual coffee and catch up going on before I start my day.

Syllabi, balancing the checkbook, and paying bills must be done today. The lists for accreditation need to be done but could be moved a few more times. I am not going to do anything for accreditation until June. Organizing the stack of stuff should happen, we will see. I also need to do some training on excel to get up to speed for the new role.

Dinner will be Mexican meatloaf and salad for me, I will probably add mashed potato for DH.
He is holding at 20 pounds lost, which is good. He probably needs to drop another 20 and I am hoping this summer with fresh veggies and salads will do it. I have been back on the plan since I got home last week and have seen things getting loose again.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:27 pm

Sounds like a packed day for you. I hope you are able to get everything done you would like to.

Congrats to DH and his loss. Maintaining that is good.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:41 am

Narrowminded wrote:Sounds like a packed day for you.  I hope you are able to get everything done you would like to.

Congrats to DH and his loss.  Maintaining that is good.

Got everything done, but was stumped in my organizing of email. Where is the "tasks" in office 365???
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:54 am

I am also up obviously way too early. I could not go back to sleep after I woke up at 1:30 (about 4 hours sleep). I read I tried to sleep, DH left for work, I did a load of laundry, did some grading, and looked at some stuff for the rehearsal dinner. I am just now feeling sleepy again.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:08 am

Pedidoc wrote:
Got everything done, but was stumped in my organizing of email.  Where is the "tasks" in office 365???

In the app launcher icon (the white 'rubik's cube' icon at the top of the page)

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/tasks-overview-89f8064f-2516-4036-845c-a6953e166fe0

Enjoy your sleep! Sleep
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:34 am

You could put the link to part 1 in your signature, like at MDA...
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:47 pm

Lovebird wrote:You could put the link to part 1 in your signature, like at MDA...

Great idea, LB!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:49 pm

Lovebird wrote:
Pedidoc wrote:
Got everything done, but was stumped in my organizing of email.  Where is the "tasks" in office 365???

In the app launcher icon (the white 'rubik's cube' icon at the top of the page)

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/tasks-overview-89f8064f-2516-4036-845c-a6953e166fe0

Enjoy your sleep! Sleep

Thanks some more, LB.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:28 pm

I have finally figured out how to sleep - its almost a miracle from God! Smile

On my iphone -- Amazon Music App. I found DEEP SLEEP: Sleep Music Binaural Beats and Lullabies. It plays over 5 hours of music that lulls me to sleep and helps keep me there - and if I want it to play more than the run of the album I can just put one song on continuous loop and it will play until I turn it off in the morning. Check it out!

I might wake up to go potty, but I fall asleep as soon as I lay back down. I can basically sleep as long as I feel I need to. Its FREE and works lots better than that sleep music I got from WholeTones that cost $129.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:08 pm

Glad LB could help you with that, I don’t use Office 365.

Tomi that sounds interesting. Glad it’s working for you.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:21 pm

tomi1000 wrote:I have finally figured out how to sleep - its almost a miracle from God!  Smile

On my iphone -- Amazon Music App.  I found DEEP SLEEP:  Sleep Music Binaural Beats and Lullabies.  It plays over 5 hours of music that lulls me to sleep and helps keep me there - and if I want it to play more than the run of the album I can just put one song on continuous loop and it will play until I turn it off in the morning.  Check it out!

I might wake up to go potty, but I fall asleep as soon as I lay back down.  I can basically sleep as long as I feel I need to.  Its FREE and works lots better than that sleep music I got from WholeTones that cost $129.  

I am glad it works for you, but I like the quiet. Usually, when I can't sleep, it is because I have something I have on my mind. If I get up and deal with it, I can usually go back to sleep. With everything that is going on, I figure 1 bad night of sleep in roughly two weeks is not too bad.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:22 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Glad LB could help you with that, I don’t use Office 365.

Tomi that sounds interesting. Glad it’s working for you.

My MacBook Air is being stubborn. I am going to work on it in the office and see if it causes it to pop up at home.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:25 pm

Well, yes --- considering............ you have much on your mind at the moment. Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue May 01, 2018 5:50 am

Had a hard time falling asleep last night even though I was tired. Of course my alarm went off when I was in super deep sleep (it had been getting progressively louder as it went off for almost 5 minutes before it woke me up). It's way too early, but it's the only butt crack of dawn day this week (I hope).

At university until about 1:30. Several meetings and working on cleaning off my desk. Student meeting on my way home. Need to stop at store and pick up some gift cards too. I put chili in the slow cooker for dinner.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue May 01, 2018 1:34 pm

I'm sorry you're having a hard time sleeping. When my mind is spinning (or obsessing) over something I can't do anything about while I'm lying in bed trying to sleep, some times it helps me if I imagine being in a really quiet, peaceful place. For me thats the beach. I imagine a nice warm sunny day with a gentle breeze, and the waves crashing on the shore. If I can make my brain stay there I can usually fall asleep. The hard part is staying there.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue May 01, 2018 7:23 pm

tomi1000 wrote:I'm sorry you're having a hard time sleeping.  When my mind is spinning (or obsessing) over something I can't do anything about while I'm lying in bed trying to sleep, some times it helps me if I imagine being in a really quiet, peaceful place.  For me thats the beach.  I imagine a nice warm sunny day with a gentle breeze, and the waves crashing on the shore.  If I can make my brain stay there I can usually fall asleep.  The hard part is staying there.

Thanks, Tomi. I just have to deal with the issue and then try to go to sleep.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue May 01, 2018 7:25 pm

Did not get my desk cleaned off. Had a great meeting with the Dean, and then 3 unscheduled meetings, 4 faculty pop-ins for discussions, and a couple of phone calls. Did meet with my student. Stopped and got the cards and gift cards I need. Have been busy getting caught up at home.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Wed May 02, 2018 10:54 am

"A clean desk is a sign of a man with nothing to do."
Don't remember who said it, but in my experience it is quite true.
Oh, and I suspect it applies to females too.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next