Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventist cohort-2

Go down

Adventist cohort-2 Empty Adventist cohort-2

Post by Dawn Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:21 am

Hi guys!
A friend of mine just sent me this article bc. it was posted on a message board for local homeschoolers...

Patterns of plant and animal protein intake are strongly associated with cardiovascular mortality: the Adventist Health Study-2 cohort

https://academic.oup.com/ije/advance-article-abstract/doi/10.1093/ije/dyy030/4924399?redirectedFrom=fulltext

My friend is an organic farmer and raises all her own meat and all her own veggies, plus most of her fruit. She buys a little grain to make her own bread (ie. Not paleo but pretty.close to a WAP diet, though not a conscious choice just that what happens when you become self sufficient). And she is tired of the vegan propaganda in the home school community (in Denmark so.e 50% of the home schoolers are vegan now...).

Do you guys have good references to direct.critique of this study? I have sent her my own general thoughts but would love it if someone really smart had really picked this appart. My friend doesn't want to go I to direct discussion with these vegans, as she doesn't feel like she has the arguments, but giving her references to stuff she can read about it might help her feel more confident about her very healthy lifestyle.

Dawn

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum