The Girl with the Chicken Liver Tatoo

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: The Girl with the Chicken Liver Tatoo

Post by LoonieJ on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:05 am

Hi, Pam,

I did go and buy the ingredients. Trying to keep my hands off the mozzarella until I prepare the dish is a trial. Cool
LoonieJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LoonieJ on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:08 am

Good morning!

Random thoughts:

Searching for an apt in this area has become a nightmare. My first theraapist was so discouraged that she and her husband actually bought a home because that was easier!

Tony Bourdain died by his own hand last week. Processing. The guy who had the job everyone wants - traveling around the world eating interesting food and getting nice money to do so. Called a Bad Boy because of his keen ability to call bullshit where bullshit needed to be called. But when one really looked at it, he never picked on anyone weaker than he. Gut Fieri, Paula Deen, Rachel Ray, even Emeril. But never the little guy, for he was the little guy's champion. The planet is suddenly quieter - and not in a good way.

Funny enough, I learned about Bourdain and Sisson around the same time. In one ear I was hearing about healthful eating; in the other I heard, "Eat it all." One wanted us to shun the SAD, to get exercise and sun, and to avoid poisons. The other smoked, and drank to excess - all the while sharing with us his wonderment as his life in food suddenly expanded from NYC to The World (Or Parts Unknown, if you will.).

If I learned anything from these two, it was to stop limiting myself to foods with which I was comfortable. To appreciate the lives that I was eating. I made myself watch videos of animals being slaughtered. I gained even more respect for hunters. Hell, I ate tongues and testicles - and I'll eat pig snouts sometime before I die.

I even got a little joy in the grocery store by saying things like, "Thank you so much for your life, dear pig," as I put a pork roast in my basket. And laughed at the furtive glances from other shoppers.

So, if the Good Boy was telling me to eat it all because it's healthy, the Bad Boy was telling me to eat it all because it's there.

That said, my meal for tonight will be fairly tame. A nice thick tomato sauce with pork and veggies over polenta.

Peace, love, and food,
LJ
LoonieJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:58 pm

Enjoying your writing Smile

The Bourdain suicide is sad. I heard he had his demons, alcohol and heroin. Could have been an accident - too much without the clear head to realize it. We enjoyed his shows - especially the way he seemed to be at ease in any culture and setting. Robin Williams passing was equally as hard to take. Both men seemed to have the world by the tail............ and yet, they both fought their own demons. You never know what darkness lurks in peoples minds.

Interesting comparison between Bourdain and Sisson.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3