Has Mark Sisson gone off the deep end?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Has Mark Sisson gone off the deep end? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Mark Sisson gone off the deep end?

Post by sharperhawk on Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:06 pm

On his latest Weekend Link Love, Mark promoted a YouTube video called "Japanese Eat Fat to Be Healthy."

I am half Japanese. I was born in Japan, lived there my first few years, and have been back a few times. The video's thesis that Japan is a carnivore's paradise is insane. The Japanese eat a small amount of meat or fish with most meals. Some meals have more meat/fish than others, but on average, rice or noodles is the staple, providing the bulk of the calories. Rice and noodles are cheaper than meat and fish, so naturally meat and fish are highly valued. When you eat in a restaurant, you have many options that have more meat than the average home-cooked meal, and some restaurants specialize in dishes that are mostly meat or fish. However, I'd say that it's much easier to find a restaurant that serves noodles than one that serves mostly meat/fish. I'm sure that the average Japanese would be shocked at the portion sizes at American restaurants. So when the video maker asks about meat being healthy/unhealthy, the Japanese in the video have in mind the modest portions of meat/fish that are in typical Japanese meals, not the humongous portions of meat that giant Americans can put away and still be hungry for cake.
sharperhawk
sharperhawk

Back to top Go down

Has Mark Sisson gone off the deep end? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Mark Sisson gone off the deep end?

Post by Rig D on Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:10 pm

Your experience agrees with how I have always understood the Japanese eating, modest meat servings, lots of rice & noodles.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:44 am

sharperhawk wrote:On his latest Weekend Link Love[/url], Mark promoted a YouTube video called "Japanese Eat Fat to Be Healthy."

Brought to the attention of the viewers by 'FoodLies'... the irony Rolling Eyes

There's a movie in the making... https://www.foodlies.org/ I'm sure he (Brian Sanders) means well, but this kind of cherry picked 'evidence' is not helping any cause.

https://youtu.be/7tshr56c1os

BS wrote:That's the goal. Unbiased and accurate. No miraculous claims. Science based.
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum