Chocolate-Orange BBQ Sauce

Go down

Chocolate-Orange BBQ Sauce

Post by OnTheBayou on Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:50 pm

What could be more Primal than ribs, right? What could be more Valentine's Day than chocolate, right?

Let's combine the two: https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/barbecue-sauce-recipes/chocolate-chile-bbq-sauce-recipe-yes-you-read-right

The ribs I cook, usually with my Bayou #14 rub, are beloved by friends and family. Including a cousin that worked in a seasonal BBQ joint. Mine are better, as many have said.

So, it was fun to do this. The genius of this recipe is that besides the main flavors, it is sweet and sour. I changed the recipe a bit; I had sun dried tomato powder, so I used that to make the tomato paste. I substituted sucralose for the sugar for the obvious reasons. (Please, no lectures, I make my own informed decisions.) I used double the OJ, I would suggest using orange extract instead, ramp it up.

Smoke the ribs (won't go into the how's) and as they approach perfection, brush this sauce on. Then, just before you serve, another brush on. I served with asparagus and cauliflower, and small cups of decant ice cream. Ok, almost paleo/primal.

If you can't snag her with this, there is no hope.

And this chocolate sauce does not have to be just for the dining room. Wink, wink.

OnTheBayou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chocolate-Orange BBQ Sauce

Post by ONTARIO on Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:14 pm

Interesting, I could see how those flavour combinations would work with ribs. I might just have to try that.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:02 pm

The chocolate and spice I could see, but I’ve never liked orange mixed with chocolate so I’m not sure about this. I’m glad you enjoyed it.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by breadsauce on Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:44 am

This looks just amazing! I have some ribs in the freezer - come the weekend they'll be cooking!

breadsauce

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheBayou on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:10 pm

I was cleaning out the fridge the other day, came across the leftover sauce. Dipped a spoon in, tasted, heaven!

Aphrodisia. Guys, hint, hint.

I think I'll try incorporating it into yogurt for freezing.

OnTheBayou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down