Rig D's 2018 weight and health campaign

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Re: Rig D's 2018 weight and health campaign

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:00 pm

I'm sure you did the old start where you last remember having them and walk through the rest of the day until you don't remember having them.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:52 am

Yes, NM, the purse and contents checked by her, checked by me also.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:50 am

Praying Rig. I know it’s awful esp when you believe they should be in the house.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:40 am

On a vastly bigger note, I would appreciate prayers for my extended family and others in the Panama City Fl area. Hurricane Michael is about ready to make landfall, wind speeds now at 150 mph. My cousin says they are all "hunkered down" and have a lot of supplies. Nevertheless, this looks like a really bad event.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:21 pm

Oh how I hate losing things! It makes me very angry!!! The comforting thing is that you KNOW that have to be someplace in the house, right? She had them upon returning home from the Band thing, Yes? Apparently she doesn't remember removing them. Sometimes when I'm in the bathroom I will put things away in the "wrong" places. A thorough search of the bathroom drawers will usually find me the missing item. I certainly hope they turn up soon. You will probably have a good laugh once you find them in a most ridiculous place! Smile

Have you checked the trash? Maybe they got tossed out with a tissue or something. I believe you said you checked the laundry. How about the lint trap in the washer and dryer? Coat pocket? What was she wearing the night they went missing?
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:24 pm

Rig D wrote:On a vastly bigger note, I would appreciate prayers for my extended family and others in the Panama City Fl area. Hurricane Michael is about ready to make landfall, wind speeds now at 150 mph. My cousin says they are all "hunkered down" and have a lot of supplies. Nevertheless, this looks like a really bad event.

When I do my meditation today I will send thoughts of peace, health and safety to them and all the residents of Panama City. I hope it all turns out okay for them.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:24 pm

Prayers for everyone in the path of this nasty storm.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:34 pm

^+1
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:36 pm

Rig I was definitely praying for that whole area, you can read about it in my journal. I hope your family faired as well as my friends so far.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:41 pm

Rig, I just thought of something, I had bought my dad a sound ampliphier, can’t call it a hearing aid, got it on Amazon. Anyway he lost it. The eventually found it under the car in the garage. I know you looked in the car, but did you look under the car?
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:17 am

Rig, how did your family make out in the hurricane yesterday? Have you had any contact with them?

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:19 am

Haven't heard yet. I'm not on fakeybook so I'm not in the mainline of family gossip/chatter. My Oregon daughters are, I'll be hearing from them later today. According to the Panama City News Herald newspaper in an article from last night, of the 103,000 Gulf Power customers in Bay County, 99,000 are without power. So I probably won't hear anything directly from any of them for a while. If they came through in good shape, with minimal property damage, that will be a real blessing. The photos of the area show an awful lot of damage.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:09 am

My daughter contacted me, the initial report is that my family came through OK. She hasn't got many updates to report, no property damage updates.

Hurricanes: I've been in one and very close to several others in my time, and being prepared is the key element. The other is having the right sense to know when it is time to bail out. From my experience, the news reports are usually way too dramatic and fearful. In this case, I don't think they were, this storm popped up, went fast and grew very strong very quickly. If anything the news wasn't scary enough.

However, it was fortunate that it hit where it did. The area between Panama City around the bend is probably the least densely populated coastal strip in Florida. If the same storm, nearly Cat 5, had come ashore near Miami, where there are jillions of people living quite compactly right near the coast, very low elevation a long way inland, and a long haul to get to a safe zone, we would have had a truly huge national disaster on our hands.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:14 pm

That's good news, Rig.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:35 am

Still haven't heard about 2 cousins in Panama City, all others have checked in on social media as OK. No info on damages to property. What a mess the Panama City & surrounding areas are. From the PC News Herald, and their Bay Asked section (Bay County), info pulled this AM.
Q: I evacuated, when can I come back home?
A: As of Thursday morning, officials are imploring people not to return as damage is assessed. The situation remains dangerous.

Q: When is it anticipated that electricity will be restored?
A: It’s going to be a long process to get power back, unfortunately. Gulf Power is currently predicting at least a week.
Gulf Power has over 4,000 resources headed to the area. The grid needs to be assessed first, then the massive undertaking of trimming and clearing debris off lines before linemen can even get to the lines.
“Its going to be a long process,” said Gordon Paulus, Gulf Power spokesperson. “We’re expecting some customers in the hardest-hit areas won’t get their power back on for a week or so. The damage was so devastating.

Q: I would like to bring supplies in for friends and family. Will they let you into Lynn Haven area with water and gas?
A: Currently no one, unless they are an official relief worker, is being let in. There are roadblocks up SR 79, SR 77 and US 231 stopping people from entering Bay County. Unless you are a member of a recovery crew or a health care worker at a local hospital, you will not be let in and there is a dawn-to-dusk curfew. With no power, no water and many areas devastated, there is nowhere for people coming in to Bay County to go.
Pictures: (you may need to create a free account, or be willing to answer a bunch of Google questions about your life)
PC Damage
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:44 am

We've been following it on the news. It's just terrible. We watched a segment on Mexico beach and the whole town was decimated. I feel for these people who've lost everything. I hope you hear from your family soon. But my guess is they just have no way to contact you.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:18 pm

Rig I’ve been praying for your family. From talking to my friends, they still have no cell service, but have been traveling up to Bama to get gas and such, so she checks in from there. They don’t have electric and who knows when they will. Running a generator.

I’m certain that family may not have a way to reach out, unless they an get to an unaffected area, which is doubtful from those news reports you state.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:49 pm

Prayers continue.  Having been through Harvey, I can feel for them.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:42 am

Sunday 10/14 Weight  Weight 236.75 No change
Food was pretty good this week. Saturday I indulged in a big bowl of popcorn while watching Dook have a fairly easy win against my Ga. Tech boys, a typical Tech game, we pretty much stunk up the field.  Otherwise, several BAS for dinner, fish 2 nights, stuffed chicken breast, and an egg casserole.  Exercise, better. 5 days walking, Air Dyne, 3 days of 30 min at maffetone, 1 day 10 minutes of sprint for 20, slow for 40. 2 days each on ball exercise and weights.

We are waiting to see if DW's hearing aids turn up. Month end is decision day on what to do.  

Hurricane update: No word still from my cousin. Gulf power has about ½ of Bay County back in service according to this site: https://poweroutage.us/

This image from the PC News Herald shows expected “turn on” dates for the area. NM – your friends in Chipley look like they should be up on the morning of the 18th.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:02 am

So hard to wait for news.  Am hopeful your family is safe and simply busy trying to survive the after-life of the hurricane.  

I worry about my grandchildren every hurricane....Gulfport and north Carolina.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:03 am

Rig you did quite a bit of exercise this week. That’s awesome. Could be there is a little loss hanging in there as your muscles might be retaining some fluid. Not going upward is good!

Actually got a text from my GF this morning. She said one tiny bar, hoped I got it. I did. So cell service is still very spotty where they are. I’ll look toward the 18th to hear she has power again.

Still praying for your family. It’s so hard not knowing. Hugs.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:47 am

Well, I hope the Halloween ghosts suddenly find your wife's hearing aids. Maybe you really are in the poltergeist season. Smile

I hope you hear from your family soon. This must be stressful for all involved not to know what's going on with them. I assume they've been through a hurricane before and have some knowledge of how things work after? I hope so! I hope they had a contingency plan and made preparations to get them through.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:19 am

I am glad most of your family is ok and hoping the rest are too. The pictures of the damage are heart breaking.

I think NM may be onto something with fluid retention and increased exercise. I notice that sometimes after I do a strenuous workout.
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:19 pm

Well, if month end is time to decide on the hearing aids - then you still have 2 weeks for the little stinkers to show up!! My sister works as a Resident Services Manager at a retirement community - she tells me all kinds of funny stories about people losing things and to odd places they show up! Even in our "right minds" we can put things in the oddest of places without even a thought. I sure hope you can find them.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:17 pm

Gosh, I can see why you might wait longer to find the aids.  I missed the post about your DW misplacing them.  How unfortunate.  Not cheap item.  Certainly hope she runs across them soon.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next