Rig D's 2018 weight and health campaign

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Re: Rig D's 2018 weight and health campaign

Post by Rig D on Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:51 pm

This as close as it gets. I've been bummed out the last couple of weeks with my weight, but will get it going again.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:26 pm

I hear ya on the weight thing. I've been doing Keto for 17 days - never over 50 carbs, but almost always under 30. I'm only down 4 pounds, and most of that was bloat I think. My torso feels a little smaller, and I am wearing a shirt that was too tight prior to keto - so maybe I'm making non-scale progress. You've been doing great for so long! a little stall won't take you down!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:34 pm

Sunday 09/23/18] Weight 239

First post here in some time. I've been ticked off with my weight for the last couple of weeks where I have rebounded all the way up to 246, and now back to 239. Just extremely irritating, no change in food, more exercise than previously, no change in sleep. I dunno. I'm feeling pretty good, and other than seeing the weight go up, I haven't noticed any change in how I feel.

My Air Dyne's speedometer died. As best I can tell, it is a 1982 model, and the model number I've been able to find is now being reused for newer Air Dynes. The "odometer" on it reads about 7000 miles, so it's had a fair amount of use, all of it hot & sweaty, so consequently corrosive when the sweat hits the metal parts. I can't find parts for it on-line or in local bike shops. As a low priority item, I'll try to find a regular bike speedometer and see if I can adapt it to fit. I think the one on my trail bike with a magnetic speed pick up would work, but not sure. Not worth spending much on the bike, it is pretty dilapidated, rusty, grungy, and pretty beat up, with a fair number of missing parts and semi-functional stuff.

DW and I are walking pretty much every day, around 50 minutes to an hour depending on how we vary the path. We had about a 20 degree drop from Thursdays near 90, yday was darn cool at low 60's, cloudy & windy. Today was very nice, mid 70's & sun. About the same temp but rain for tomorrow.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:48 pm

I hear ya about the weight doing crazy things. Sometimes stress will play a part.

So sorry about your bike. Maybe you could find the speedometer on Ebay? Or even a newer used Airdyne?

Those walks sound wonderful. I’m so happy you can get out and do those.

Yeah weather took a nose dive here as well. I guess fall is actually here.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:50 pm

I hate when the scale swings for no apparent reason.  If you are working out a lot, lactic acid buildup could cause fluid retention and muscle does weigh more than fat.  Hang in there, it will get better.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:37 am

RigD wrote:I'm feeling pretty good, and other than seeing the weight go up, I haven't noticed any change in how I feel.

This is far more important than anything the scale tells you. Smile Keep up the walks with DW and your meals healthy & tasty. At some point your weight will go down again. Sure nothing snuck in that's not supposed to be in your meals? Something you might react to by not losing? Tortilla chips perhaps...
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:49 am

Sunday 09/30/18] Weight 238.25
Uneventful week on all fronts.
Yesterday we drove to Columbus for the Buckeye Invitational High School Band competition to watch GS perform. It was held in the Ohio Stadium (the football team's home, the "horseshoe"). 44 marching bands from across the state were there. It started at 10 am, we got there around 4 and it ended after 10pm. We saw all the big schools and several non-competing "festival" bands. It was fun, a lot of good music and some interesting performances from the bands. I have no idea how the judges made their choices for the awards, but our school band won one for "combined visual" whatever that is. We have a quite large band and a whole bunch of girls & a couple of boys in the color guard so I guess that helped with the visual part, over 200 kids band & color guard. I took a potty break and missed the band my wife liked the best, a festival band. My fav was also a festival band, from Massilon. They had a very dynamic show with a big band, their tiger costumed mascot, and an incredibly talented drum major. Quite a performance, many formations, no slack time. Their drum major did some baton things that were on a par with the DM from Oh.State's marching band, which played at the end to cap things off and was very entertaining.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:45 am

UM used to have band days.  I do not know when that stopped.  Probably before they started charging an arm and a leg for entry into The Big House.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:15 am

Yes, it was a tad pricey. If you bought early, it was $15. $20 at the gate y'day. Of course, I forgot to buy the tix before they closed the buy early window. Ha, and unfortunately our Senior Pass (free admit to all school events, sports, music, plays, etc.) is only good for those regular events hosted at one of the city school facilities. Don't know how big the attendance was, lots of folks were coming in and leaving after their bands performed, but the west side of the 'shoe, lower deck was well populated during the time we were there, I would guess there were at least 20,000 folks who were there
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Rig that band festival sound like so much fun. I miss those. Both kids played in the band in HS and I enjoyed those. Now there were of a much smaller level, maybe 5-6 band and over and done in about 3 hours, but still fun.

Hopefully you will again see the scale move next week. Keep up the awesome work.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:41 am

September Monthly Update

Another pretty much nothing month on the scale and body dimensions. I seem to be really stuck in the 237 to 240 range. I really need to make some headway during October, the EOY is closing in quickly, and I am notorious for not doing well between Thanksgiving and New Year. Especially this year when we plan on spending Christmas with our daughters in Oregon.

I am feeling good though, so that is a big positive. My physical endurance has improved, my walks are beginning to extend and the pace has picked up some. Same with my Air Dyne.  With the failure of the bike's speedometer, the odometer function is also gone, so I can't track how fast or how far I'm going on it. I am gradually adding riding time at the Maffetone HR, and I feel like my pace is a little faster, but can't verify. So I'm happy with this side of my exercise. However, I fell off the wagon doing my stomach ball exercises and my light weight workouts. I will try to get these going again, alternating days between ball and weights.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:16 pm

Sounds like you're doing great in the movement department! Smile Sometimes the body just needs to adjust and then it start to do what you want again. Maybe you need to shake things up to push out of the stall.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:25 pm

Nice to read you're doing well after the surgery. It's always a positive if we stay the same. I'll echo the thought that your body has to prepare itself to take on a higher load. Keep spinning!

Bty, I grew up admiring Robert Bateman's impressive animal paintings, have his books. Can feel the force of the rhino trotting towards the viewer with that reserved power to damage.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:38 pm

Rig - I have to agree, not going up is a positive. I wish I could say the same. However, I banned myself from the scale for 3 weeks, but my clothes don’t lie. Smile

I’m thrilled that your exercise is improving. That is huge. You’re body’s been through a lot in the recent past, it needs time to stabilize and agree that it’s time to move forward.

Have you checked Amazon or your local sporting goods store for a bike computer? You can get a basic one fairly inexpensive and it would just attach to the wheel.

Keep up the great work!
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:14 pm

I think that the fact that you had surgery on our knee and were laid up a bit and still maintained 237 pounds is pretty good!

I also love a good marching band! I love watching them doing their formations while still staying in step and in tune. It's quite remarkable!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:09 am

Sunday 10/7/18 Weight 236.75 down 1.5
Pretty good week weight wise given the mediocre food and exercise noted below.
Food has not been good, I've maintained my 3 egg/cheese breakfast, and had two days of fast food -- A:2 Chick fil A sandwiches (both buns), B:1 Wendy double/cheese. Also one home cooked oversized beef nacho that lasted two days and had way too many blue corn chips (but was so good!)
Exercise was not great either, only 2 days of walking, 3 on the exercise bike, 3 days with weights, 2 ball exercise days. My target is every other day on walking/bike, every other day on weights/ball ex.

Y'day was a real bummer. DW has lost/misplaced/Poltergeist got 'em her hearing aides. She had them Friday night when we got home from the HS football game, and got a call from DS2. We were planning on going to a local band competition Saturday, but the missing aides stopped that.  They are still missing as I write this, we plan on a full home/auto search in a few hours. We did a pretty thorough hunt yesterday, so I'm figuring the poltergeist has 'em and we just need to wait for them to show up. Hopefully not a long wait, don't want a 9 month delay like with my college class ring and then find them somewhere they couldn't possibly be.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:09 pm

I will admit to indulging in an occasional plate of nachos myself.  I hope the hearing aides show up.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:41 pm

Nice loss this week Rig despite the food.

Have you looked under the bed, really, really good? I say that because DH lost his wallet once. Finally found it under the bed, but way up by the head where you would not think anything would get to. Near as we can figure is it dropped out of his pocket when he changed and it rolled. Yea a square wallet should not roll, but it seems to have.

Then DS lost his cell phone. It seems to have fallen out of his pocket and into a Kleenex box in the van we had then. Another not obvious place.

Hoping you’ve found it by now.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:49 am

Oh dear! I hope the heading aides show up soon! They not only necessary but incredibly expensive. Has she checked her purse and pockets?

At least you're aware of the food indiscretion - that's good. You'll get back on track.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:49 pm

I hear ya on those blue corn tortilla chips! Nachos sound yummy and hard to resist. Hope the search is going well. That sort of things makes me crazy.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:13 am

Good luck with the search.

RD wrote:My target is every other day on walking/bike, every other day on weights/ball ex.

Perhaps you'd like to join the ladies on the New Beginnings Day today... more fun when in it together... Wink

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:12 am

So? Did you find the elusive hearing aids?

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:14 am

No, the hearing aids are still MIA. Our smaller 3BR/2B house has been searched top to bottom, under beds, in bed sheets, inside closets, inside furniture drawers, under the couch and all other furniture, in couch cushions, in the dirty clothes, inside shoes. The trash was sorted piece by piece. The car we've used exclusively since the middle of last week has been searched, the driveway and entry areas have been searched. The back patio has been searched. The garage has been searched.

The <bleep> things are simply nowhere. Hopefully the poltergeist will return them soon to a commonly accessed spot. Otherwise we have a budget buster on our hands. I'm very unhappy and DW is royally upset.

Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:17 am

Perhaps a prayer to St. Anthony (lost & found) will do its magic?

It does sound like the two of you looked everywhere, so that poltergeist is having its fun here obviously... not too long hopefully.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:08 pm

Rig - has she completely emptied her purse? And gone through anything in her purse that could also hold the hearing aides? Just another suggestion.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next