Deep Down & Dirty

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Deep Down & Dirty - Page 40 Empty Re: Deep Down & Dirty

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:57 pm

Great job with the bike. I think you found your exercise niche.

So sorry to hear of the family losses, trouble with your friend and your sister. yes, stress can destroy much and is a killer on mental health.

I sure hope your water issue gets resolved quickly. Good thinking with filling the tub etc.

Hugs as you wade through the tough stuff.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:30 am

perennialpam wrote:Where have you been Lovebird?  Oh, riding your bike and filling your tub.

Actually you are so smart to fill that bathtub for flushing.  I always have extra water around from taking it camping and have had to use it when something unexpected comes like no electricity.  I'm on a well and septic where I live.  

The weather sure has been interesting this year.  It is still muggy here which is much different than previous years.  I hope this weather is just strange for this year alone.  Not making me happy for sure.  

Keep on plugging away at your exercise.  You are sounding like M2M now.  Smile

Thanks PPam. They are renewing the pipes in the entire street, working their way up to here in the past months, so it wasn't a surprise really. DH came home about an hour or 2 after I posted here.. and said it was no problem to flush the toilet.. sure, however then there is no water coming from any of the faucets in the house while the reservoir is filling up again.. hope they fix it before the weekend so I can do my laundry.

I appreciate that last remark very much as M2M is an inspiration for sure where exercise/movement is concerned. You on the other hand show us that we can stay active in other ways regardless of age.  Smile  

Heuristicfireflower wrote:Sounds like lots going on. Water saving with plumbing issues is no stranger.  So sorry to read about the losses in your family, esp. if they are your dad's siblings.  Hope your sis can resolve her illness.  Am no longer amazed at the things stress can unwind.  

Good going on the biking!!!   Always if one finds something enjoyable, it wont feel so much like work.

Thanks HFF. Usually these things are a 1 day issue at the most. However they are going to redo the street as well coming months (water pipes are under the sidewalks), which means plenty of noise (more than now) and dust..  plus no car parking close to the house either. Rolling Eyes

One of them was my Dad's brother, the other a BIL, leaving behind my aunt. Dad was the youngest of the bunch.

I hope my sis will find a way to take better care of herself.

Riding the bike makes me feel like the karate used to, if it weren't for the late training I wouldn't have quit that, as I really liked it.

Rig D wrote:Missed you on your PF sabbatical. Great work on the bike. Hope the water pipes are soon repaired and the water supply is returned to normal.  I also hope your DH is doing ok after loss of family.  Seems awful early in the season for nights to be getting down near freezing. Is that typical for where you are, or is it abnormally cool in the evenings this year?

Thanks Rig. I have a goal of at least 500 kilometers a month/riding every other day, which somehow seems to work for me. I'm more worried about my mom, as DH hardly knew them... All those family losses over the past few years and far too many changes are not that easy to cope with for her. All those celebratory days won't be the same ever again.. starting with the loss of Dad and then everything that happened over the last year.. it's hard to accept, but no other way will do.

Yes, the current temps are abnormally cool for September.

Narrowminded wrote:Great job with the bike.  I think you found your exercise niche.

So sorry to hear of the family losses, trouble with your friend and your sister.  yes, stress can destroy much and is a killer on mental health.

I sure hope your water issue gets resolved quickly.  Good thinking with filling the tub etc.

Hugs as you wade through the tough stuff.

Thanks NM. I've always been good with following a routine once I get into the habit (again).  Smile

You know the effect of ongoing stress better than most, and how hard it is, affecting everything else, no matter how hard you try not to. It helps to take good care of yourself though, gut-brain axis and all.

Hope so too.

I'm merely in a supportive role as much as I can be and try to be a good listener when needed. Like you are with your friend that's going to stay with you for a while. Hugs back. We all can do with a break from time to time, but it's difficult to do when you feel like people are depending on your ability to keep things going..
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:14 pm

Here’s hoping you can get a bit of a break. Definitely agree with your statement on that one. Smile
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:11 am

Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:51 am

^ thanks for the great start to my morning, LB.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:17 pm

LB probably my fav band. Thanks for the song. Hope all is well.

BTW I notice you will soon need a new thread. Smile
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:55 am

Thanks Pedi and NM. Noticed I had missed Freddy's birthday on the 5th due to posting less and ofcourse better late than never..

It's a great song indeed.. which might have contributed to me riding a new personal best on the bike today.. 33.5 kilometers in 1 hour.. could have been 34 if I hadn't lost a bit of speed in the last 15 minutes, but far better than I expected when I started. That's 20.82 miles per hour. Very Happy Closing in on DH's 35 faster than I thought as well.. in four months time nevertheless.

Almost made me forget about the water pressure issues.. but then the miserable cold shower reminded me again.. brr Having to boil water to do the dishes or wash my hair unless one is willing to wait quite a while.. hauling buckets of water to the washing machine several times that sometimes stops due to lack of water.. today so far it's doing its job *fingers crossed* . Ofcourse it would, as I filled the tub earlier to be on the safe side...
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:13 am

Sis spent about 4 hours in the ER last Friday.. turns out she's got a huge gallstone that's causing a lot of pain and nausea. Don't think it's related to the fatigue though.. they are checking blood work again and scheduling an appointment for an endoscopy or whatever it is they do to deal with gallstones...

No news from the cancer patient.. Sad

On the bright side DS decided he wanted to spend the weekend here as planned, regardless of the water troubles. Smile
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:38 am

Your sis and my DW with big gallstones. Likely they will do a surgery to remove the gall bladder, that's the recipe we are looking at for DW.

Your efforts on the exercise bike are impressive, that's a pretty strong speed you are maintaining.

Your water problems seem to be taking a long time to get fixed. Do you have any word on how long the water line work is going to take to get you back up to speed?
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:22 am

Rig, AFAIK they're not removing the gallbladder itself just yet, however I haven't heard anything from my sis directly, just through my mom.. and research online does show that removing the gallstone(s) isn't sufficient for most, so removal of the GB usually follows..

Thanks! What amazes me most is that once I finished training and showered I feel awesome and really have hardly any muscle aches or fatigue and simply get on with my day, feeling healthier, happier and stronger. Very Happy

We were supposed to get a letter in the mail upfront, informing on timing/duration/consequences during, like less pressure/at times no water/off taste/brownish water/traffic issues etc. which we never got. Although, we did get a note last Friday to inform us that Tuesday the water would be off between 8 and 12 and not to use any equipment then that uses clean water for refill, hence my try on doing laundry after they left at 4 that day. On their site (which contains information about the entire project that started mid June) it claims to be done coming Monday... DH is not happy and refuses to take cold showers, whereas I, who has been dealing with this at least 10 days longer, occasionally do.. at least it's possible to fill a sink, provided one is not in a hurry.. and both DH and DS have very short haircuts, contrary to me..

Did you notice that MDA no longer contains a link to its forum? I usually go there thru the blog, so not sure when they changed the layout, however forum.marksdailyapple.com still works... no doubt the number of visitors will decline further that way and chances of people finding us will too..
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:50 am

Right on schedule with riding the bike, 454.5 kilometers for September, so not that far away from goal. Smile

Dinner last night was pulled pork with green beans and onions.

Also bought some slowcooked 'pig wings' aka pork shanks as they look rather tasty..

Deep Down & Dirty - Page 40 16918110

The Science Of Prevention summit will be repeated in two weeks, just in case you'd like to know.

Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:01 am

Gallstones: My family doc and the surgeon we are seeing say that they don't normally just remove the stones, because whatever the underlying cause is not addressed by simple removal, Whereas removing the gall bladder is a real fix. Seems like a drastic position, but that's where our medical practice is.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:07 pm

LB - so sorry for your DSis. Hopefully they can deal with it rather quickly.

I’m so sorry you are still facing water issues, and pray they are correct about Monday. I’d be in a bit of pickle with cold showers, although they are supposed to be good for us.

Congrats on that awesome bike ride and how well you are doing maintaining with it. I’m sure you will hit your Sept goal.

Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM on Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:42 pm

Did a brief check of where you are. Hope DS visit is fun and your biking is awesome!

Last edited by ShelleyM on Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:10 pm

Well done on the biking! Sure hope the water troubles are sorted soon. Cold showers at home are the reason I have a gym membership. I'd be miffed if my good water pressure turned bad.

Take care and I hope things start improving for your sister.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:11 am

Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down