Deep Down & Dirty

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Deep Down & Dirty - Page 35 Empty Re: Deep Down & Dirty

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:19 am

Awesome news LB! Congrats on the smaller sizes, that’s what it’s all about. And shopping in your own closet is always a plus!
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM on Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:52 am

Happy dances for you! have a great evening.
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:11 am

perennialpam wrote:I am very happy for your exercise results and clothing that fits properly.  So much fun.  

Rig D wrote:Good progress. Cheering you on

Narrowminded wrote:Awesome news LB!  Congrats on the smaller sizes, that’s what it’s all about.  And shopping in your own closet is always a plus!

ShelleyM wrote:Happy dances for you! have a great evening.

Thank you all!

It's late afternoon here and we're going to Mom in a few hours to enjoy our yearly buffet style dinner as it's Dad's birthday today (he would have turned 80 if still alive) as well as our wedding anniversary (31 years), so it's gonna be an enjoyable time together with (most of) the family. Had a long conversation by phone with BIL and Sis in France yesterday to catch up on things as well as we could, and planned another call upcoming week... We'll probably check out the fair in the weekend, as the weather looks promising, or more likely in the beginning of next week, when it's less crowded.
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:55 am

Dinner was lovely as always. Lots of healthy foods to choose from like meat/salmon/eggs/meatballs, veggie and potato salad, fruit salad. Baguette and wine optional.

Niece graduated and moving on to the next level of schooling, which is social work, so she's very happy she made it this far.

Just finished a 60 minute ride on the bike, 27.5 kilometers (17 miles) and the first round of the 4-minute workout for today.
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:30 am

I am so happy to hear things looking so up in your world right now. So good you could mostly all be together for some celebrations.

Happy Anniversary as well.

Look at you go on that bike. Great job.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:55 am

Hope you had a really enjoyable anniversary. 31 years is a great start on a lifelong marriage! Hope there are many more to come.

An hour on the exercise bike would leave my rear end pretty sore the next day, hope you don't have similar results.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:57 am

Have a great weekend.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM on Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:01 am

You are making me want to reinvest in a stationary bike. I would just need to figure out where to put it. The one I had before Rig, was a recumbent style, so the seat was nice and generous. You pedal out in front of you with it instead of downward. No sore bum!

Happy anniversary! 31 years is awesome. I too am glad you were able to celebrate with mom.

Congrats to niece.

Happy day to you!
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:51 am

Narrowminded wrote:I am so happy to hear things looking so up in your world right now.  So good you could mostly all be together for some celebrations.

Happy Anniversary as well.

Look at you go on that bike.  Great job.

How I wish that were true NM.. only those things that are within my control are. It's hard to watch loved ones struggle, be it with their (mental) health or relationships. Missed those that weren't at the gathering, but it is what it is. The ones from France didn't even bother to come over for Mom & Dad's 50th wedding anniversary, even though Dad offered to pay for their hotel & travel expenses.. Sad

Thanks sweetheart.

Very Happy
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:57 am

Rig D wrote:Hope you had a really enjoyable anniversary. 31 years is a great start on a lifelong marriage!  Hope there are many more to come.

An hour on the exercise bike would leave my rear end pretty sore the next day, hope you don't have similar results.

Thanks Rig. Hope so too.

Not really... my bum (tail bone area) tends to go numb somewhere during the second half hour though.. Laughing but no lasting effects after getting off the bike and the legs keep going steady regardless.
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:07 am

Pedidoc wrote:Have a great weekend.

Thanks Pedi.

"31 years is an awesome milestone to have met." Wink
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:11 am

ShelleyM wrote:You are making me want to reinvest in a stationary bike. I would just need to figure out where to put it. The one I had before Rig, was a recumbent style, so the seat was nice and generous. You pedal out in front of you with it instead of downward. No sore bum!

Happy anniversary! 31 years is awesome. I too am glad you were able to celebrate with mom.

Congrats to niece.

Happy day to you!

Thanks Shelley. It doesn't take much space and the seat is larger than the one on my racing bike or current city bike.
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:22 am

I wrote:Can't imagine going for rides as long and fast as DH does, but this 30 min/10 miles is something I can fit in easily (meaning I ride the bike for 30 minutes (about 30 km/h) and then use the cooldown to finish at 10 miles, another 3 min currently  Smile ). Especially with the added bonus.   Very Happy

Laughing 3 days of 60 minutes rides in a row... today's was 28.7 kilometers, so each one a little further than the former. Why? Because I can. And it feels good to accomplish this even before coffee/breakfast. Also 3 4-minute workouts get added to that during the day as well as some 'dead hangs' on the pull up bar to improve shoulder/back strength (not simply hanging, but as close to actually doing a pull up as it can get, while not yet strong enough).
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:06 am

Happy Anniversary to you AND mom and dad? Congratulations.

You sure are going to town on your exercising! Good all around.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:59 am

Love the flower balls! Congrats on your anniversary!!
Heuristicfireflower
Heuristicfireflower

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:51 am

You are doing awesome on your bike! Wish I had a bar here I could hang from. I do WO with DS, but I’d love to do a pull up someday.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:59 pm

Congrats on such a long-lived marriage! I wish you continued joy and peace.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:47 pm

Happy Anniversary!

You do sound happy and that makes me happy!

I am impressed with your exercise! It is very inspiring.
Vh67
Vh67

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:21 am

perennialpam wrote:Happy Anniversary to you AND mom and dad?  Congratulations.

You sure are going to town on your exercising!  Good all around.

Thanks PPam. No, we didn't get married on the same day as Mom & Dad, just on his birthday, like his parents did, way back when (ofcourse they didn't know it then, that their youngest would be born on that exact same day. Smile )

It makes me feel strong and ready.
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:22 am

Heuristicfireflower wrote:Love the flower balls!   Congrats on your anniversary!!  

Thanks HFF! Nice to see you again. It's been a while.
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:27 am

Narrowminded wrote:You are doing awesome on your bike!  Wish I had a bar here I could hang from. I do WO with DS, but I’d love to do a pull up someday.

Thanks NM! This is just a simple doorway bar and since I'm 5' 8.5'' I can't simply use it as intended, however it's good enough to train abdominal muscles and with the knees bent even pull-ups. Smile
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:27 am

Meant2Move wrote:Congrats on such a long-lived marriage! I wish you continued joy and peace.

Thanks M2M!
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:30 am

Vh67 wrote:Happy Anniversary!

You do sound happy and that makes me happy!

I am impressed with your exercise!  It is very inspiring.  

Thanks Val!

Must be the endorphins from the training! Thank you.

Keeping up the pace. Another 60 minutes 28 kilometers today and 3 rounds of the 4-minute workout + pull up bar. Yay!
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:50 am

You’re rocking it LB. I’d better get moving if I hope to keep up. Smile
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:55 am

Thanks for your continuous support NM. If that's what you want, you'd better hurry... rest and relaxation sounds far better right now though.. not more stress added to the current situation. Wink

30 kilometers in 60 minutes on the stationary bike. That's 18.64 miles.

Pretty steady results for only having started riding the bike a month ago, bicycling nearly every day, starting relatively slowly then, building up to 60 minutes rides since last Saturday, even if I say so myself.  Very Happy

Not sure what the coming week will bring exercise wise as we are expecting a heatwave, starting tomorrow with 30C (86F), climbing towards 41C (105.8F), but since I ride the bike in the morning it might work out just fine, just a tad slower than today perhaps. Smile

Found a new source for nice Irish beef, at least during bbq season, as the flat iron steak I had 2 days ago was delish.

Servimg has made 'improvements' which means that some pics no longer show since they were replaced by other ones... reminds me of MDA.. especially since it's not the first time they did this.

Natural Ways to Relieve Red Mind

Focus on eating an anti-inflammatory diet: leafy greens, wild seafood, antibiotic free meats, eggs, and healthy fats.

Engage in something mindless that helps you shut off your thoughts for a little while, like cleaning the house, washing your car, or doing yard work (turn on your favorite music while you do it).

Don’t neglect "nothing" time – whether that means taking a nap, reading a book by your favorite author, or spending a day bingeing a show.

Cut back on your schedule - learn to say NO and truly mean it.

Get more sleep by creating a reverse bedtime schedule. Turn off or put away all digital devices at least one hour before bed. Try melatonin or 5-HTP to naturally help you fall asleep and produce serotonin.

Indulge in something you once loved - even if it doesn’t seem to bring you the same level of joy it once did - like painting, cooking, writing, quilting, sex, or any number of hobbies that can relax your mind and make you feel good.
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum