Deep Down & Dirty

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Deep Down & Dirty - Page 34 Empty Re: Deep Down & Dirty

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:00 am

I so love all of your flowers LB. Thank you for sharing them all with us. Have an amazing day
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:13 pm

What lovely flowers! It sounds as if you have created a little bit of paradise in your garden.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:11 am

Thanks NM & M2M!

Posted this in fitness thread yesterday: "30 minutes each day, with 14/13.7/14 kilometers so far on Mo/Tu/We. 14 km is 8.7 miles. Smile "

Thanks for the support NM and Rig D!

Rig D wrote:Kudos to you, keep it going.
Narrowminded wrote:Great job LB

Today: at 30 min I was at 14.3 km, so kept plugging along to see how long ten miles would take me and surpassed it by 300 meters at 34 min... 16.3 km. Very Happy

All that on just 1 cup of coffee...

Since my light pink peonies still haven't opened and I had to remove the dark pink ones that were bought on the exact same day, as they started to drop their petals, I purchased some Dianthus barbatus (Sweet William) to go with it.

Deep Down & Dirty - Page 34 Foto0524
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:27 am

Gray and dreary weather this week, with plenty of rain and stormy winds..

Deep Down & Dirty - Page 34 Foto0525

Deep Down & Dirty - Page 34 Foto0526
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:08 am

Good for you on the exercise front. Fun to push yourself and discover you can do this!

I was out in the garden taking pictures yesterday but got busy with mom things. May post some photos soon. Smile
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:08 am

For me the big exercise bike conundrum as my ability improved was always "do I ride for x miles, or do I ride for y minutes." I normally came down on minutes, with gradually improving distance being the thing measured.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:28 am

LOL on doing the ride on 1 cup of coffee. Had to laugh as I do my best WO’s that way. Smile

Happy to hear you are improving.

Love the flower arrangement. You do such a beautiful job with that.

Been dreary here again and more rain BLAH.

Have an amazing day.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:32 am

What a beautiful garden you have. It must be lovely to sit out there and enjoy your one cup of coffee. Wink

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:00 pm

Thanks PPam, Rig D, Narrowminded and Ontario. It is definitely worth the effort. Smile

For dinner I had a Thai oriented curry, with sweet potato (purple skin, white on the inside), salmon + shrimps, orange bell pepper, half a can of coconut milk & spring onion with a glass of rosé wine. Being home alone is a good enough reason for a treat to go with such a nice meal. That's only the first half of my dinner btw.  Wink  

Deep Down & Dirty - Page 34 Foto0530

I do think it would be a good dish to try again on my next FMD round... without salmon/shrimps obviously.
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:00 am

Very nice. I’m glad you enjoyed.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:11 am

Narrowminded wrote:Very nice.  I’m glad you enjoyed.

Thanks NM. Not as colourful as my usual fair I admit, but it was a relatively quick and tasty meal.

Finished this week of daily bike rides, minimum 30 minutes, maximum 16.3 kilometers/10.1 miles with a 33 min ride, 15 km today. First time of adding a longer cool down period/slower speed as I realized that might be wiser than what I've been doing so far... Rolling Eyes Plus I noticed that the tension control was no longer at 4, but 5 (scale 1-Cool, so asked DH and it has been there for 2 weeks already.. very happy with my progress so far.  Smile

Hair is 2 inches shorter than before (layers as well as total length) since Friday so the waves are more prominent despite apparently not being in fashion Razz and I bought a cute LBD to celebrate the smaller size even though that was not the incentive to start doing this, however it's a nice plus. Very Happy

Decided to bring some of the more delicate potted plants inside on Friday as the weather forecast was rather stormy with heavy rain and put them back out again this morning as the sun is shining bright. Nice weather for a walk and to visit Mom.
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:22 am

LB you sound so relaxed.

Great job on the bike and wow doing it at a tougher tension than you thought. Good for you

Always nice to get a new smaller LBD, even if you were not intending on it.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:48 am

Great job with the bike.  The haircut sounds like it is easy to maintain.  There is nothing better for morale than a new LBD in a flattering smaller size!
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:11 am

Narrowminded wrote:LB you sound so relaxed.

Great job on the bike and wow doing it at a tougher tension than you thought.  Good for you

Always nice to get a new smaller LBD, even if you were not intending on it.

Pedidoc wrote:Great job with the bike.  The haircut sounds like it is easy to maintain.  There is nothing better for morale than a new LBD in a flattering smaller size!

Thanks NM & Pedi.

What I meant to say is that I started riding the bike for heart health, not so much losing fat. It's nice to notice getting leaner/more defined all over though, while feeling strong(er) and confident. Perhaps that's the reason I sound so relaxed, Sue. Very Happy  Normally I don't shop for myself at this store as it's geared towards a younger audience and not so much us 'middle aged', but I went in to check on their summer dresses and there it was, an LBD with a V-neck front and back.

And the tension scale on the bike is from 1 to 8. Smile Got in another 10 miles today; heartrate taking longer to reach the appointed limit, which shows improvement even though I do start sweating after 15/20 minutes while riding as I'm nowhere near as fit as M2M. Then again, not many are..  Razz Found a different take on things than Maffetone, which suggests to stay at 60-75% of max heart rate (220 - age) for optimal fat loss, however the upper limit is close enough to Maff. to stick with that.
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:23 am

At our age, I take what I can get no matter what the intended purpose was. So happy you are seeing improvements. Smile
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:33 am

Narrowminded wrote:At our age, I take what I can get no matter what the intended purpose was.  So happy you are seeing improvements. Smile

Well said NM, and thanks. We can only focus on what we can control and let the dice fall where they may. On that note: I bought a midi skirt and loose top to wear on those really hot days. Very Happy Floral pattern. Shocked So not me, but these looked just right, unlike most of their summer dresses.
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:14 pm

Loose is so comfortable when the weather is hot, I get far less fussy about what is me pattern or style wise and focus solely on comfort. 

Really glad you are enjoying the bike. Adding more movement of any sort is always good for a body. To lean out a bit in addition to improving heart health is surely a nice bonus.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:40 pm

I wore a lot of summer dresses last year and it was so very nice and cool. They are not fitting at the moment, so they hang there staring at me. So glad you found a similar out fit.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:37 pm

Meant2Move wrote:Loose is so comfortable when the weather is hot, I get far less fussy about what is me pattern or style wise and focus solely on comfort. 

Really glad you are enjoying the bike. Adding more movement of any sort is always good for a body. To lean out a bit in addition to improving heart health is surely a nice bonus.

Thanks M2M. I do focus on comfort too, but it's nice to wear something that's more feminine in style.

Can't imagine going for rides as long and fast as DH does, but this 30 min/10 miles is something I can fit in easily (meaning I ride the bike for 30 minutes (about 30 km/h) and then use the cooldown to finish at 10 miles, another 3 min currently Smile ). Especially with the added bonus.  Very Happy  

Narrowminded wrote:I wore a lot of summer dresses last year and it was so very nice and cool.  They are not fitting at the moment, so they hang there staring at me.  So glad you found a similar out fit.

Thanks NM. Don't fall into the trap of KM'ing them though, you'll get back there in no time, I'm sure of that. Still keeping an eye out for that special flowy summer dress, as I'm convinced it's out there somewhere, like the LBD. Wink
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:16 am

Nope, not KMing the dresses.

I’m sure you’ll find that flowy dress.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:03 am

Ok, I give. What is LBD? Maybe I missed what it is referencing. Acronyms kill me!

Have a great day. Congrats on the smaller size and healthier heart. Smile

ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:59 am

LBD = Little Black Dress
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:37 am

Thanks ladies.  Smile

Sooo.. for 3 days in a row I rode/wrote down 33 min 16.1 km.. therefore I decided to take it up a notch and go for a somewhat longer ride today.. started at a tad slower pace that I kept up for the entire ride, ending up at 45 minutes 20.7 km (12.86 miles). Sweating less definitely was a plus.

Coffee sure tasted good after that. Very Happy And it's nice to be able to check it off the list for today.

Added the 4-minute workout back in yesterday that got somewhat neglected since riding the bike and noticed the difference immediately.

Losing inches faster than pounds, however 5 are definitely gone by now and I haven't changed anything about my food. Have to KM my closet as several things are loose to the point were they look & feel funny. Never got rid of my pretty more feminine clothes as it felt so wasteful and now the skirts fit again the way they are supposed to. Smile Just in time for Summer. Now to get bikini ready!  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:29 am

I am very happy for your exercise results and clothing that fits properly. So much fun.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:18 am

Good progress. Cheering you on
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content