Deep Down & Dirty

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Deep Down & Dirty - Page 30 Empty Re: Deep Down & Dirty

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:40 pm

Happy to hear day 1 was going well. Good job. Hope you managed dinner ok.

That cartoon is cute.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:37 am

Narrowminded wrote:Happy to hear day 1 was going well.  Good job.  Hope you managed dinner ok.

That cartoon is cute.

Thanks NM. I am surprised at how easy it was. Didn't even eat all of my allotted calories for day 1, Shocked or after dinner macadamias, as I checked and realized my veggies : nuts+fats ratio was right on the spot and eating the macs without veggies would throw it off again; plus I wasn't hungry at all, so it would be snacking. Smile

One day down, four to go! Wink
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:11 am

Just got a message from dr. Pedram Shojai that they are running Interconnected:The Power to Heal from Within, on gut health, again in May...

First episode still available in this journal though..  Very Happy http://primalforums.forumotion.com/t162p475-deep-down-dirty#15830 so those that missed it the first time around or are curious can check it before subscribing at https://www.interconnectedseries.com/starting/ if they like. It's the info that got Tomi interested and started on Viome.

As far as day 2 of the FMD is concerned: I'm doing fine.  Smile No coffee today, however did have a cup of Earl Grey this morning. Slept well, even if I had to get up twice, due to all the water I guess.. even though I didn't have any after dinner. Early night in as I was rather tired. Prepped a salad with seed crackers on the side for lunch and realized while eating that I do not particularly like raw celery in too large amounts if there is no dip to disguise the taste.. duh. Laughing Perhaps next time I could use peanut butter... however that could add up fast, which wouldn't be helpful at all. Smile
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:08 am

Interesting about celery.  I find it essentially tasteless and use it raw as a crunch element only.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:09 am

I do not much like celery either but love celery seed for potato salad.

I also seem to eat it with something not so good for me.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:29 pm

Happy that day 2 is going well.

I’m not a big celery person either. Will use it in tuna or egg salad.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:57 am

Pedidoc wrote:Interesting about celery.  I find it essentially tasteless and use it raw as a crunch element only.

perennialpam wrote:I do not much like celery either but love celery seed for potato salad.  

I also seem to eat it with something not so good for me.  

Narrowminded wrote:Happy that day 2 is going well.

I’m not a big celery person either.  Will use it in tuna or egg salad.

DH dislikes the distinct taste of celery. Smile It's okay to use when making bolognese though as it blends right in that way (and it's just a tiny portion at that).

Apparently it's genetic. Some people think of celery as watery/crunchy/bland and are happy it provides some crunch in otherwise less tasty dishes and others can taste it in whatever dish it's present, be it cooked or raw, not always considering it a problem though. It could be due to harvest time/growth specifics... this one is really bright green, where others often are less vibrant in colour.

Thanks NM.
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:41 am

In addition to being a normal part of our BAS salads, we use celery as a snack platform for things like pimiento cheese, chicken salad, almond butter.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:21 am

Rig D wrote:In addition to being a normal part of our BAS salads, we use celery as a snack platform for things like pimiento cheese, chicken salad, almond butter.

Thanks Rig. Guess that means it's rather tasteless for you too? Or that you really like it. Smile

Onions/carrots/celery are a classic combination in many cuisines all over the world, be it mirepoix or soffritto, being named 'the holy trinity' although sometimes carrots are replaced by bell pepper.
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:37 am

Made a batch of Baba Ganoush, roasted eggplant with tahini/lemon juice/parsley/smoked paprika/cumin and salt. It's probably for the best that it tastes far better than it looks, as that might prevent the leftovers from being eaten by others. Smile

As far as the Fasting Mimicking Diet is concerned, what can I say? I'm in the middle of the 5 days and so far sailing rather smoothly. No hunger whatsoever, which really surprises me, yet could be due to all the crunchy veggies that I eat. Don't miss the animal protein at all, which is as much of a shock to me as it probably is to you, however I do intend to eat fish and/or shrimp on Monday. Smile

There are plenty of suggested versions for the FMD online, one of which consisting of 2 avocados per day, having the perfect ratio of protein/fat/carbs according to the rules, with some 'Greens powder', however I've eaten an avo each day and one was 105 grams (big seed) and the other 150, so at 188 cals per 100 grams nowhere near 800... which means your avocados in the US are bigger than ours.. which should be no surprise. Laughing

Woke with a slight headache this morning, which faded rather quickly after drinking 2 glasses of water. Could be due to an early dinner as I didn't want to be tempted while cooking food. And for that it worked like a charm. Other than that I only find that I'm tired earlier than normal (and then go to bed), but during the day so far no issues. I did add vitamin D to the magnesium, B12 and multi.

Got groceries this morning and had to remind myself to also pick some meat/fish for the guys aside from all the veggies & fruits. Bought some lovely peony tulips to brighten the living room. Kicked out yet another spammer that snuck into the forum while I was away and had the nerve to post at Pedi's, even if the message was innocent.
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:10 am

Why do I seem to draw the spammers? Rolling Eyes  Thanks for your vigilance.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:12 pm

Pedidoc wrote:Why do I seem to draw the spammers? Rolling Eyes  Thanks for your vigilance.

You're welcome. The other one didn't get a chance to post (joined earlier this month and got banned when I noticed), this one signed up after I checked in/logged out again this morning and apparently PPam's large entry scared him off, Smile so he decided to wish you 'a good time', which ofcourse is not the reason he was banned. Wink
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:06 pm

Thank you for being so vigilant!  Many years ago a forum that I really enjoyed being a part of was ruined by spammers. I still miss some of the great people I met there.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:20 pm

LB, I also say thanks for your vigilance. I had not idea there had been spammers. Glad I scared him off. haha

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:08 pm

LB - so happy to hear things are still going quite well with the FMD.

Thank you as well for taking care of the spammers and all you do to keep this place running well.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:37 am

Thanks M2M, PPam and NM! If you didn't notice any intruders before I mentioned it, I guess we're doing a good job! They do seem to pop up while most of you are still sound asleep..

A lot of what I do (even more so in real life) is making sure that things run smoothly, which often goes unnoticed, so it's nice to be appreciated every once in a while. Very Happy
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:00 am

Narrowminded wrote:LB - so happy to hear things are still going quite well with the FMD.

Thanks for the ongoing support NM!

Don't think I've eaten this clean ever before...  Shocked sure, no grains/gluten/sugar/bad oils aka Primal... but no dairy/alcohol/meat/fish/eggs.. no chocolate even (and I do have some nice 85% Lindt and Pinot Noir, but am rather indifferent about it, as it's 'out of sight, out of mind').

I've never counted any calories either... carbs at times yes.. although I try to be mindful about what I eat, not so much how much, just enough to fuel my needs. Doesn't mean I don't indulge from time to time (like Easter brunch)... but basically it's protein and veggies/fruits, any kind. Perhaps that's why I don't notice any issues with this? It is said that people with bad diets profit more/most of doing the FMD repeatedly...

At least my fancy digital scale gets used more frequently these days. Smile

Deep Down & Dirty - Page 30 Belk?layer=0&src=8100566_66171_A_040_T10L00&layer=comp&$P_PRODUCT_IMAGE$
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM on Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:40 am

Congrats on sticking with it. I would think that you are correct in saying,
but basically it's protein and veggies/fruits, any kind. Perhaps that's why I don't notice any issues with this?
I didn't notice spammers either. Thank you for taking care of us. What are you doing this weekend?
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu May 02, 2019 5:37 am

Any time Shelley. Smile My weekends (or days for that matter) are nowhere near as entertaining as yours...

Not that anybody asked,  Razz but before I forget I'd like to write up my thoughts about the FMD:

I lost a few pounds and leaned out visibly... not that amazing considering calories were down to 800 a day.  Rolling Eyes

No difference in how I feel since I added animal protein back in, upped the calories and backed away from the fava beans and nuts again... first choice was liverwurst btw. No eggs or fish so far, however for no special reason.

I disliked having to get up during the night so stopped drinking as much water as soon as the five days were done (temps dropped as well; I tend to drink more when it's hot but likely sweat it out then during the day) as I value my sleep time.

Will I do it again? Yes. Very Happy Not right away though, but at some point during the Summer months I will, knowing what I know now.

On another note: I wonder what this was about: "Most users ever online was 44 on Thu May 02, 2019 5:12 am" Suspect That's forum time btw, not mine. Smile
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu May 02, 2019 7:21 am

Glad for you the FMD worked for you.

How many members are there now?
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu May 02, 2019 9:00 am

perennialpam wrote:Glad for you the FMD worked for you.  

How many members are there now?  

That's it, isn't it? I don't know whether it did what it's supposed to do.. guess I'll have to find out in the long run. Wink

I'd say we've currently got about 90 legit members, of which close to a third check in and/or post more or less regularly. Thing is, most of those are US based and none were logged in at that (very early morning) time, hence the 'suspect' emoji. No worries though, just keeping an eye on it, as usual.
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Thu May 02, 2019 2:11 pm

You are a strong and disciplined woman to do that protocol and to plan to do it again!
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat May 04, 2019 3:33 am

Meant2Move wrote:You are a strong and disciplined woman to do that protocol and to plan to do it again!

Thanks M2M! Pretty sure others would phrase that differently though... Smile

If it weren't for still eating healthy and tasty foods like avocados/macadamias/fresh veggies I doubt I would have given it a second thought.
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat May 04, 2019 3:39 am

Forum.marksdailyapple.com domain is owned by Primal Nutrition, LLC. and its registration expires in 3 months.

August 17th to be exact. We'll see what happens then...
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat May 04, 2019 3:49 am

Forgot to mention that my Mom's 2nd laser treatment did manage to lower IOP to 11, which is great news. She's very happy that the phase of being very careful in order to let it heal properly is over and she can get back to her garden and fitness activities. And so are we. Very Happy
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum