Post by The Walrus on Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:00 pm

Merry Christmas LB!
The Walrus
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Deep Down & Dirty - Page 23 Empty Re: Deep Down & Dirty

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:32 am

Hope you're finding some peace these days, LB.  Hugs to you.
Heuristicfireflower
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:10 am

Heuristicfireflower wrote:Hope you're finding some peace these days, LB.  Hugs to you.

Ditto, sweet HFF.

Right now I would settle for better/more sleep... DH's snoring has become far worse (as did his snacking). Sad
Lovebird
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:41 am

LB forgive me if this has been discussed, but has he done a sleep study to check for sleep apnea/C-pap? Might help both of you.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:29 am

FWIW, my snoring was greatly helped when we went Primal foods. I also knocked it back by raising the head of the bed by a few inches. 2x4 under legs at the top, or a small "bed raiser"
Rig D
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:11 am

Narrowminded wrote:LB forgive me if this has been discussed, but has he done a sleep study to check for sleep apnea/C-pap?  Might help both of you.

Rig D wrote:FWIW, my snoring was greatly helped when we went Primal foods. I also knocked it back by raising the head of the bed by a few inches. 2x4 under legs at the top, or a small "bed raiser"

Thanks for your input NM & Rig, it's nice to see people being so supportive and helpful. Rest assured I'm aware of possible options/solutions. Smile
Lovebird
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:37 am

Lunch was wonderful, everyone loved the homemade food (see lunch thread). Lovely afternoon. sunny

Got gifted gorgeous flower bouquets. Very Happy

Another birthday dinner (DS) coming up wednesday and then it's time to make some changes... not that things seriously got out of control... just that it could be better. Smile

Lovebird
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:44 pm

I took the personality quiz again............. some results.
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:29 pm

Happy Birthday to DS!
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:46 am

"All I Wanna Do as Dance" ! I miss dancing and the dancers in my life.

Happy New Year.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:24 am

Hey LB, you’ve been rather quiet as of late. Thought I’d stop by to see if things are ok. Miss you girl!
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes, I need some good motivational music!
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:37 am

Narrowminded wrote:Hey LB, you’ve been rather quiet as of late. Thought I’d stop by to see if things are ok.  Miss you girl!

Yeah, sorry about that. Miss you all too! Doesn't look like it's gonna change any time soon either... hubby is home a lot and therefore the usual routine is off. Trying to keep up with the forum, even if there isn't much chance to post. Sorry to see that some are struggling... ((HUGS)).

Mom has got laser treatment (and checkups) planned for Feb, instead of surgery, which I suppose is good as it lowers IOP but can't undo any damage to the eye nerve (just stop it/slow it down) and somehow freaks me out and makes me aware of consequences to less healthy choices (which ofcourse is nonsense according to CW).

On a brighter note: chances are I get to meet Robb Wolf later this year! Well, he's going to give a lecture on metabolic flexibility which I very likely will attend, with lots of other people, but still, the one and only Robb Wolf! Very Happy

Lovebird
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:45 am

LB - so very good to hear from you. I’m so sorry things are so rough for you right now. Praying they get better soon.

So cool you’ll be able to get to see Robb Wolf in person.

So sorry about your Mom. Praying things will work out for her.

Thanks for sharing the vid. Awesome

Take care of yourself
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:26 pm

Pretty exciting LB! I listened and enjoyed. Will repeat tomorrow.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:36 pm

Lovebird wrote:
Mom has got laser treatment (and checkups) planned for Feb, instead of surgery, which I suppose is good as it lowers IOP but can't undo any damage to the eye nerve (just stop it/slow it down) and somehow freaks me out and makes me aware of consequences to less healthy choices (which of course is nonsense according to CW).

I know what you mean. Choices and lifestyle decades b4 an event becomes very clear as I watch my elderly relatives and mom manifest the common health issues. CW be damned for the most part. Frustrating that they dismiss nutrition and food as having no effect on the body. Just stupid.

I know these days are not an easy time in your family. May your days be calm and restorative as much as possible.
Heuristicfireflower
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:39 am

Talking about nutrition and it’s effects on the body. I’m waiting to see about my friend. He’s not happy with the new diet recs from his new physician to try and avoid surgery on this colon. He doesn’t understand how food can change it. Hoping he sees some quick changes, although he’s so damaged its going to take a long time.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:11 am

The house is all mine again for a few days, in case you hadn't noticed... Smile meaning that any leftovers are still around when hungry... with hubby here, not only do I need to plan, shop and cook for 4, he somehow always finds a way to finish whatever got saved (unless I manage to freeze it before he notices). It's nice that he's home more often, but boy, (it's like) he eats/snacks all day long. And this is the guy that used to fast without any issues as he doesn't care for bread unless toasted crisp & to the point of burning (or in the form of buttery rolls/croissants)... I'm aware it's a way to deal with the current stress... not the healthiest unfortunately (and if it's not in the house he simply goes out to get something, be it savoury or sweet)... Sad but at least he's not drinking excessively.. just some wine in the evening to relax.

Sooo.. yesterday my breakfast consisted of some reheated leftover meatloaf that I made last week according to Nomnompaleo https://nomnompaleo.com/easy-paleo-meatloaf and froze Cool ; still very juicy and nice taste (it's got spinach & onions, I did not use the shredded cauliflower, but some chickpea flour as that was what I had in the house), plus the bacon on top got crispy without using the broiler (hot-air oven), so veggies and protein: check!

Since DS had to work late, I had lots of chores planned (ditto on Monday) dinner was just me, so during the day I snacked on 2 leftover sausages while getting things done (cleaning/recycling/grocery shopping/library etc), which included lots of walking to get there (and some 'lift heavy things') which was nice as the sun was shining brightly for a change. Not really hungry at dinner time I just ate some pistachios and decided to intermittent fast again (for some reason 'eat when hungry/skip when not' works better for me than planned fasts).

So far I only had 2 cups of coffee today, and plan on having bacon & eggs soon, with some lamb's lettuce (corn salad?) & arugula (rocket). Smile
Lovebird
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:15 am

Heuristicfireflower wrote:
I know these days are not an easy time in your family.   May your days be calm and restorative as much as possible.  

Thanks HFF. Ditto. *hugs*
Lovebird
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:21 am

Narrowminded wrote:Talking about nutrition and it’s effects on the body.  I’m waiting to see about my friend.  He’s not happy with the new diet recs from his new physician to try and avoid surgery on this colon.  He doesn’t understand how food can change it.  Hoping he sees some quick changes, although he’s so damaged its going to take a long time.

I hope he at least gives it a shot. Surprised to hear he at least got some dietary advice (and hopeful it's not the usual...). So hard to watch and not say anything, while all you want to do is help. There's also the option of an elemental diet, which ofcourse has it's downsides...

Lovebird
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:23 am

Pedidoc wrote:Yes, I need some good motivational music!

You mean to train on? There's lot of that on YT, depending on the exercise as well as taste.
Lovebird
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:27 am

Narrowminded wrote:Thanks for sharing the vid.  Awesome

perennialpam wrote:Pretty exciting LB!  I listened and enjoyed.  Will repeat tomorrow.  

You're both welcome! Robb Wolf has lots of interesting stuff and he has a fun way of lecturing. I've looked up some of the papers he referred to and got sucked into the rabbit hole (again).

Lovebird
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:01 am

LB you sound a bit better today.

So far what I know about my friend is they removed milk, not sure if it’s all dairy or not and no beef. He’s supposed to eat move veg. He said again he will send the list but I don’t have it yet.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:37 am

NM, pretty sure you've heard of this (as it was shared multiple times, ditto on the Robb Wolf video about it...  Smile ) https://academic.oup.com/ibdjournal/article-abstract/23/11/2054/4791635?redirectedFrom=fulltext basically it's about the AIP diet efficacy on IBD.

The upside of researching stuff (for others) is that there's always something useful to be found, if not right away then later. Very Happy

Forgot to mention the Skyr yogurt with fresh grapefruit slices I had on Tuesday for lunch. Yesterday just some pieces of 85% organic chocolate with coffee around 3 PM and pulled pork with sautéed red onion slices and arugula for dinner.

Hope everyone has a great day, regardless of the extreme temperatures and/or snow!

Deep Down & Dirty - Page 23 SnowAngelEarMuffsSmiley
Lovebird
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 35 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum