Deep Down & Dirty

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

Re: Deep Down & Dirty

Post by Lovebird on Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:21 am

Thanks for sharing your thoughts ladies.

According to dr. K: "Gag reflexes are like doing push-ups for the vagus while gargling and singing loudly are like doing sprints. "  Smile

Think I'll take the move to the new(er) laptop as a clean slate... Very Happy
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:46 am

LB, this info was great! Like you said, some of the info is not new but it is a good refresher.

I like the steps but I am finding in my journey, that several of the steps need to occur together. I am having success in removing toxins, eating foods that heal my gut, including lots of bone broth and fermented foods and supplementing carefully. It is a slow, slow process but I am see small amounts of progress each week and significant progress in the last year.

Thank you!
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:22 am

Thanks Val. Yes, I agree on the steps needing to be combined to see actual progress. You can't simply eliminate items, they (often) need to be replaced with better options. Glad to hear it was helpful.

More on AIP, for those interested Smile

https://drknews.com/autoimmune-gut-repair-diet/

https://chriskresser.com/diet-and-autoimmune-disease-what-you-need-to-know/

From petra8paleo

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:11 am

Yeah... it's a rainy day...  

Still, took the time to run errands, pick up groceries and gifts as well as Christmas cards, and all of that luckily inbetween the showers. Smile Smile Now it's raining more or less continuously... as forecasted..

We're having a family gathering at Mom's tomorrow and I planned to make some pickled red onions to go with the smoked salmon. Shouldn't take too long as the recipe is really simple...

On another note: just got a message from dr. Tom sharing the link to the 1st Q&A session of Interconnected tomorrow: https://www.interconnectedseries.com/liveqa1/ which ofcourse I can't watch due to the time... Rolling Eyes
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:25 am

Smile noted on the Q&A. I will be watching.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird Yesterday at 10:11 pm

tomi1000 wrote:Smile  noted on the Q&A.  I will be watching.  

So nice of dr. Pedram Shojai sharing ALL bonus videos as well as Q&A (replay)s for free after the event was finished, and not just in the sale packages, so that all could watch Smile aside from the more or less standard replay weekend of all 9 episodes; even if his timing was a bit off with it being during the holiday season as is obvious by the comments... Not sure if you ever watched Betrayal on autoimmune diseases by dr. Tom O'Bryan but that one got aired at least twice over time.

Plenty of things that need to be taken care of before the beginning of the new year, some small but important so on the to-do list in order to remember and checking them off when done, others more labour intensive or time consuming... several meetings/gatherings too. Judging from other journals pretty much everyone is busy that way, some also scheduling health related visits that require plenty of research as to find a possible solution, others fighting a cold/flu. *careful hugs*

Despite that, trying out a few new recipes for dinner, just for fun, and so far all tasty, according to both DS and hubby. Nothing really fancy, but healthy without being too obvious about it. Having lunch with Mom and youngest Sis on Friday, which I will prep and take there... last weeks' pickled onions turned out quite good btw... Very Happy
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird Today at 9:30 am

It was cold today... first day the temps stayed below zero for quite a while... we might get snow this weekend... or not. Smile

Did you know it's St. Lucy's Day today? Or Santa Lucia as they call it in Scandinavia?

Luc... Lux... Light

St. Lucy being the bearer of light in the darkness of winter.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Today at 10:02 am

Too bad she doesn't visit Ohio more often.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Today at 1:43 pm

Rig she visits here about as much as she visit you. Smile

LB - glad you’ve found some new recipes.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move Today at 4:34 pm

One of the reasons we live in AZ!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content