Deep Down & Dirty

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Re: Deep Down & Dirty

Post by Lovebird on Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:09 am

Narrowminded wrote:Pork seems to be the meat of the day. I had pork chops tonight Smile

Also want to thank you and the tribe for a great year.

Hope they were tasty! You're welcome NM.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:10 am

My Christmas cactus (all 3 of them) are loaded and flowering already. There is an exception to this group as I have an additional pot of a few different varieties that just is not happy. The only reason I try to keep it going is that there is one from my DS's girlfriend's grandma plant. I keep hoping it will come around; however, I have had it for over 3 years. It does not die but is definitely not happy.

Guess I should get me some pork.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:59 pm

"thinking the same thoughts, performing the same unconscious actions, living by the same emotion but secretly expecting your life to change"

listening with greeeeat intent. I am deep in this mire, fearful my life will never change....
thanks for the link

p.s. amaryllis are such beauties. love when they gift me some color every spring. I still morn one called "Midnight" or "Midnight Magic" a dark maroon almost black beauty that I lost more than 12 years ago. occasionally try to hunt it down to no avail.

I'm astounded that they come up robustly every year. Glad you get to enjoy some fall / winter blooms.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:00 am

perennialpam wrote:My Christmas cactus (all 3 of them) are loaded and flowering already.  There is an exception to this group as I have an additional pot of a few different varieties that just is not happy.  The only reason I try to keep it going is that there is one from my DS's girlfriend's grandma plant.  I keep hoping it will come around; however, I have had it for over 3 years.  It does not die but is definitely not happy.  

Guess I should get me some pork.  

Enjoy!

Heuristicfireflower wrote:"thinking the same thoughts, performing the same unconscious actions, living by the same emotion but secretly expecting your life to change"

listening with greeeeat intent. I am deep in this mire, fearful my life will never change....
thanks for the link

p.s.  amaryllis are such beauties.   love when they gift me some color every spring.  I still morn one called "Midnight" or "Midnight Magic"  a dark maroon almost black beauty that I lost more than 12 years ago.  occasionally try to hunt it down to no avail.  

I'm astounded that they come up robustly every year.  Glad you get to enjoy some fall / winter blooms.

Thanks HFF. Thought it was very inspirational. Then again, Sean Croxton has great QOD guests.  Smile

It looks very alike, however I think you mean Hemerocallis/Daylily... perhaps this link can help you out next Spring, as they're not shipping for 2018 anymore, but they do have the Midnight Magic on the site:

https://www.oakesdaylilies.com/shop/?filter_color=dark

Such a gorgeous flower it is, so beautiful, especially those dark ones.

Last edited by Lovebird on Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed picture link as servimg mixed them up for whatever reason after deleting there)
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:22 am

Compared to M2Ms movement schedule this is minimal effort, however it's kinda fun to do and a short & sweet 4 minute efficient anaerobic workout preferably to be done 3 times a day using Nitric Oxide for muscle growth.

4 exercises: squat/swing/circle/press, all explained in the video; 3 rounds x 10 reps per exercise, building up to 20 reps, no extra weights necessary; Nothing to lose and plenty to gain...  Smile

Coming up soon:

https://www.interconnectedseries.com/starting/

https://healthhackerfx.com/

https://superhumanbrainmasterclass.com/
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:52 am

Thanks for the exercise info!
The other information, no time to investigate now. Hope I remember where to find it in your journal.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:30 am

Thanks LB - I’ll have to try that one, once my back is properly healed. Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:38 am

You're welcome PPam & NM. Have fun with it!

Anyone interested in the summit/movie info, be aware that the Health Hacker summit (Ketih & Michelle Norris, same people as the keto summit earlier this year) starts coming Monday, the Interconnected Series (microbiome) by Pedram Shojai next Tuesday and the Brain Masterclass early December, 3-9th.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:17 am

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:10 am

http://blog.restore4life.com/self-care-i-am-enough/

- Miracle Mornings
- Intuitive eating and movement
- Time in nature
- Embrace your inner child
- Find resonating affirmations
- Do forgiveness work
- Take responsibility
- Journal your gratitude
- Be a servant

From the same blog, which is connected to Zach Bush of the exercise video I shared earlier btw:

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:24 am

Thanks for the awesome reminder and the trailer too.

Hugs
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:33 pm

One should always keep in mind that M2M is outside the normal range... bounce
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:21 pm

Meant2Move wrote:One should always keep in mind that M2M is outside the normal range... bounce

So true! Very Happy

Love that exercise vid, I'm going to try it as soon as I catch up with the Tribe. Why don't I know Zach Bush? I need to!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:55 am

Narrowminded wrote:Thanks for the awesome reminder and the trailer too.

Hugs

Glad you like it. Hugs back. Smile
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:55 am

Meant2Move wrote:One should always keep in mind that M2M is outside the normal range... bounce

Very Happy We do, don't worry.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:57 am

The Walrus wrote:

So true! Very Happy

Love that exercise vid, I'm going to try it as soon as I catch up with the Tribe.  Why don't I know Zach Bush?  I need to!

Exactly!

Glad you like it, hope you still do after trying... Smile Don't know any other exercise vids of him, most are about microbiome and such.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:11 am

Hope everybody that celebrates it had a pleasant and tasty Thanksgiving with their family yesterday.  Smile

So... I found this cute sweetheart neckline LBD online and went to the store to check it out, as every girl/woman needs at least one of those... hadn't come in yet, so I bought some basics instead, to add/replace some things, including a different LBD. Turns out that even though we don't celebrate Thanksgiving there's Black Friday sales... since all labels were still attached and I've got the bill anyway I went back today and got 20% off those purchases. Very Happy Fingers crossed the desired dress will show up soon too, as I don't like to order online, nor want a member card. Might end up with the bordeaux/burgundy one if it does, as my colourtype is Summer, but we'll see how it looks on me.

Enjoy your (long) weekend!
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:46 am

Nice that you got some deals in your neck of the woods. Crossing fingers you can get that LBD, even if it’s in a bit different color.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:37 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Nice that you got some deals in your neck of the woods.  Crossing fingers you can get that LBD, even if it’s in a bit different color.

Thank you, NM. It'll always be an 'LBD'... me being LB here... Very Happy Might end up buying both if it fits perfectly, as I saved money already by receiving the 20% discount today Cool, and/or it's still on sale (goes on until Monday, so more like a BF long weekend)... especially since I don't have many dresses in my closet and it's nice to be prepared for a special dinner or whatever.

Jeez... my inbox got crowded with BF deals today, however I liked all the sweet Thanksgiving messages yesterday. I love you

On another note: Love Is A Gift https://www.boredpanda.com/christmas-ad-mother-tape-love-gift-phil-beastall/ heartbreaking, yet beautiful message... Sad Crying or Very sad
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:26 pm

Thanks for sharing the film, but I don’t think it’s one I should have watched. I’m in tears now. I haven’t heard DH’s voice in years and we have no videos or tape recordings of it either.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:11 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Thanks for sharing the film, but I don’t think it’s one I should have watched.  I’m in tears now.  I haven’t heard DH’s voice in years and we have no videos or tape recordings of it either.

So sorry, NM... Sad I ended up crying while watching it, not so much for myself but thinking of you and your kids, Greensprout and so many more that will  never again be able to see/hug/hear loved ones that passed away or were lost in a different way. They live on in the heart and it's worth remembering, even if it's hard at times. Some say especially the holidays, others the day to day life.

Such a horrible disease and quite a burden on the caregivers, seeing how the person you love slowly but surely vanishes before your eyes with every further loss of function. (((HUGS)))
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:54 pm

Just watched the vid and am sobbing into my teacup...hope Dream doesn’t come in the room! That was a punch in the heart, but one that I needed. Everything is impermanent - except love.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:44 am

The Walrus wrote:Just watched the vid and am sobbing into my teacup...hope Dream doesn’t come in the room!  That was a punch in the heart, but one that I needed.  Everything is impermanent - except love.

Hugs
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:11 pm

Took care of several chores around the house plus laundry. Managed to catch up on the coaching lessons, as coming weeks will be filled with learning on microbiome and such. Smile Movement/exercise got done as planned, all of it. Dinner will be ham hock with a veggie mix of brussels/savoy cabbage and leek.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:12 am

Lovebird wrote:
So sorry, NM... Sad I ended up crying while watching it, not so much for myself but thinking of you and your kids, Greensprout and so many more that will  never again be able to see/hug/hear loved ones that passed away or were lost  in a different way. They live on in the heart and it's worth remembering, even if it's hard at times. Some say especially the holidays, others the day to day life.

Such a horrible disease and quite a burden on the caregivers, seeing how the person you love slowly but surely vanishes before your eyes with every further loss of function. (((HUGS)))

Watched film, too. Sweet and irrepressibly sad for the same reason you mentioned above, LB.  Loss never goes away. Fortunately we are resilient even as we carry it.  I've come to realize that I will always carry that small space of sadness all my days.  Doesn't mean that most days I can't enjoy contentment, though. Seems that accepting this makes it easier to move forward rather than try to get over it before going onto the next level.

Love to all that have to face this difficult part of life.  Hugs to all. Tremendous hug to you NM.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next