Deep Down & Dirty

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Re: Deep Down & Dirty

Post by Lovebird on Tue May 08, 2018 3:33 am

Trying to find the time to listen to the 'Healing the Healer' training by Aviva Romm as it's much longer than it was supposed to be.

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue May 08, 2018 7:55 am

+1 on photos
Avatar Changed! Glad you are able to modify it again
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue May 08, 2018 9:21 am

Beautiful.

My herbs are growing in my window at the moment too early to put out. Basil/oregano/dill. Need to get new mint. The last i had was very strange, it’s generally invasive, this didn’t spread. Came back a couple of times as did the parsley, but this year I guess the winter was just too harsh. Have to replace those.

Love all of your flowers, I hope to have some to share this summer.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue May 08, 2018 9:30 pm

Beautiful flowers! Very few of my perennials are showing signs of life. I did a little supplemental watering over the winter, but evidently not enough.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed May 09, 2018 1:11 am

Thanks RigD, Narrowminded and Meant2Move.

It's amazing what an ancient Nokia is capable of... there's lots more flowers/pictures by the way, just shared the ones I liked best.

The weather is still amazing... which means enjoying it while it lasts and get out as much as possible. Food is pretty decent (we had potato salad with boiled eggs, tomatoes, wild caught salmon and baby leaf lettuce with vinaigrette for dinner). Planning on clearing the freezer, so no new purchases until then. Still lots to be done in the garden (pruning mostly) that I postponed due to too much rain earlier. May garden is mostly meant to be enjoyed though, all those scents and gorgeous flowers.

Managed to get caught up on work related stuff. Somewhat worried about Mom as she appears to mix/make things up on occasion and leaves things to the last minute (this isn't new btw). Guess I can't put off taking over the rest of the financial stuff much longer, as I'm supposed to be the more organized one of her daughters...

The bird baths have been put up as well, as it's so much fun to watch them drink/bathe.

Bought a nice glass water carafe with a stainless steel (filter) lid to have cool (infused) water in the refrigerator as I deserve pretty things too. As well as an eco friendly sports bottle (from NZ).

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed May 09, 2018 8:08 am

Your water carafe sounds wonderful. Always makes one feel good.

Totally get taking care of the finances for Mom. I’m doing that as well.

How fun to watch the birds.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed May 09, 2018 4:27 pm

Been there with the mom stuff. Thankfully at the moment my sister is handling mom stuff 100%.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu May 10, 2018 2:33 am

So far only blackbirds have used the bath... one is currently checking and picking up twigs... he's very picky about which ones will do. Smile Only about a meter from where I sit... such a nice way to start the day, enjoying a cup of coffee and looking into the garden while it is still quiet, only birds chirping... which could very well be due to it being Ascencion Day, a public holiday. Not sure on where he is building the nest, as he is very smart about that, however not going to do any pruning/removing branches during these months as everything is growing and there might be more nests, so not a good time.

It's a rainy day today, however still better than coming Sunday when the temps supposedly drop even further plus rain... not good for Mother's Day. Sad

Dad always handled their finances (and left instructions (USB + paper) for us/her), and fortunately my youngest Sis and I were able to take care of things together (other sister living too far away), including hospital visits etc. and visiting Mom every week to keep an eye on her, being encouraging & supportive, careful not to make her (feel) too dependent on us.

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu May 10, 2018 8:54 am

Your blackbird is more discriminating than the recurring visitor we have (don't know what kind she is.) She likes the south side of our house. Last year her nest was wedged between the wall and the top of the light housing for our deck light. This year her nest is on top of an cheap plastic lawn chair we have hanging on the wall. We never use that chair, it was left with the house when we bought it and is nowhere close to a match for our outdoor lawn furniture.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu May 10, 2018 10:11 am

Some birds just don't care... as long as it's safe enough. Smile

Our garden is on the South. I have an idea where the nest is by now, but I'm not going to go into the garden to check it and scare them away. But it appears to be high up in the climbing hydrangea.

Freezer is clean again. sunny No more dirty laundry either, but so far none got folded/ironed as I took a time-out to read in my fiction book while the washing machine was doing its job.

Budgies are asleep in their cage, they have been flying around a lot today, probably since it wasn't as hot for a change.

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu May 10, 2018 1:22 pm

Sounds like a productive day. My laundry is about done as well. Must be the day. Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue May 15, 2018 3:33 am

Yesterday I lost all of my browser tabs... you know, the kind of stuff that looks interesting enough to read/explore when you've got more time (which never seems to arrive...  Razz ); Adobe wanted to install an update, which normally is no issue and when I started the browser again all was gone... It's okay though, it feels like a fresh start (after a brief moment of grief). Very Happy

DH was home for a long weekend and so it was family time (aside from checking the forum for spam and some e-mail). Got beautiful flowers and went to Mom (with more flower gifts) on Sunday to meet with the others too.

Good food (white asparagus/lamb sausages/potatoes/sauce Hollandaise on Sunday) and plenty of rest, a nice walk, lots of laughter, great company. What more can one wish for on a day off. Wink
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue May 15, 2018 7:50 pm

LB sounds like a wonderful weekend.

Sorry about the browser tabs. I too hate when that happens, but then I have to admit to myself that I probably would not have ended up reading whatever it was or it would have already been done.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Tue May 15, 2018 10:00 pm

Just saw your post of "Blackbird" above - one of my all time favs. I have been singing this to myself a lot lately, as I have my own broken wing (wrist/hand) and it is a very comforting song!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed May 16, 2018 12:44 am

NM, to be fair I've managed to recover most of them (or at least know which ones were there) aside from the PN study stuff (which is safe within e-mail). Having good memory can be a curse. Laughing

I do agree with that notion, but even though I don't see it as urgent I simply want to be able to read/listen. Not so much FOMO, but sometimes words/messages touch a nerve and need to be heard (and understood). Not that all 50 of them were that important. Wink

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed May 16, 2018 12:50 am

The Walrus wrote:Just saw your post of "Blackbird" above - one of my all time favs.  I have been singing this to myself a lot lately, as I have my own broken wing (wrist/hand) and it is a very comforting song!

You're welcome TW.

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Wed May 16, 2018 2:30 am

Very Happy cheers
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed May 16, 2018 10:33 am

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed May 16, 2018 4:42 pm

^ excellent video. Listening to her is so comforting and nurturing. Smile And its helping me change the way I talk to myself.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird Today at 4:00 am

tomi1000 wrote:^ excellent video.  Listening to her is so comforting and nurturing.  Smile  And its helping me change the way I talk to myself.  

Thanks Tomi. I really liked it too (obviously) as it is about loving & caring for yourself, yet offers room for an occasional indulgence. Smile

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird Today at 4:37 am

It wasn't obvious before, but close to where the blackbird's nest is there is a (new) elderflower bush blooming. Debated on whether I should make elderflower syrup, but even though I would love to, I don't want to disturb them.

Lots of fresh green (ferns are beautiful) and all kinds of tiny white flowers in the garden, and the rhododendron is still very pretty too, loaded with flowers. Bought some small fuchsias for in the partial shade that turned out to be really cute.

Hubby is home again... two (long) weekends in a row... I wonder what's up with that.  Laughing

Weather's great, gonna stay that way aside from some forecasted rain Wed/Thu. Will be seeing Mom later today as well as keep her company thru her hospital visit later this week. Hope everything's gonna be alright...

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9