Back to top Go down

Re: No go on a similar forum for men?

Post by Lovebird on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:39 am

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheBayou on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:47 am

Yes, we have the privilege of dying 8 years earlier on average, fighting and dying in our wars, doing all of the physically demanding outdoor jobs in all kinds of weather, lose most child custody battles, have no say in inconvenient pregnancies, are expected to sacrifice our lives for even a dating relationship if violence comes along, have deaths from prostate cancer right up there with breast cancer but get none of the sympathy, and on and on and on.

"The Myth of Male Power," by Dr. Warren Farrell, is still valid after twenty years.

But not trying to start a flame war here, just think we men need a forum, too! We, too, have health issues unique to our sex. Are the women here just fine when their men can't "perform?" I doubt it.

OnTheBayou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:27 am

AFAIK The reason this subforum was set up was to have a place for females to discuss issues with trying to be (more) Primal, be it fasting/keto/whatever, that males do not appear to have at all, not so much health issues because of their sexe... any mushroom/L. Reuteri posts can go in Nutrition like before, can't they?

Not sure if Ontario is willing to put up another subforum, but then I would suggest 'Health' for everyone to post in. Wink
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:42 am

My guess is that I think most of the ladies coming over from MDA probably felt like Primal had kind of a male focus to begin with.

The Pavarotti/Brown song brings back a lot of my youthful past, with James Brown and the Flames wailing on. The guy could really bring it.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitakolata on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:27 pm

Rig D wrote:My guess is that I think most of the ladies coming over from MDA probably felt like Primal had kind of a male focus to begin with.

The Pavarotti/Brown song brings back a lot of my youthful past, with James Brown and the Flames wailing on. The guy could really bring it.

Yes, Primal definitely has a more male focus to begin with.
nikitakolata

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:27 pm

Just curious, when and where did you suggest this, OTB? confused Aside from this thread?

Perhaps you'd like to look into this, next month: http://menswellnesssummit.com/
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Starkanda on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:40 pm

As a female, I don't have a problem with a men's board. I agree, most of this stuff does have a male slant, but I'm sure there are plenty of male specific topics that could go there. The more I think about it, that could actually be the thing that makes the general boards less male focused, because the general topics *should* apply to everybody, and anything that affects just the ladies or just the dudes, could go in the specific forums.

Not up to me. But I'm not offended OtB alien

Starkanda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:59 am

So far I'd say our PF has a decidedly female slant. Not trying to tick any one off, but most of our members are female, and the female contingent is much more prolific in their posting than the male group, 'specially in the Primal Diaries.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:22 am

Sorry, OTB...I have no idea how, but I completely missed this thread or wherever you originally posted about a male forum. Was it buried pretty quickly? Regardless, I missed the post somehow.

I am not opposed to a Primal For Men subforum at all.

As a woman, and from a woman's perspective, the only reason I asked about and then made a female subforum was because Primal IS different for women. Our bodies, for some reason, typically don't get this amazing, quick transformation that we see most males get. It seems to take us longer or is more of a struggle, etc. So I wanted women to feel "normal" if they weren't seeing the results that most men post. It was my attempt at keeping women in the Primal mindset despite not seeing incredible, instant results.

So, I guess the question is....how many of you want a Men's section? I can do it if wanted.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheBayou on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:40 am

Thanks, Ontario.

Yes, I agree that paleo/primal works differently for women. Nine years of hanging out at MDA makes that apparent. And y'all's plumbing and life experiences are so different, we appear simple in contrast. Well, we are. Beer and a remote, we are happy. Ha! (Not me, BTW. I don't even own a television. Nor does my fiance'.)

OnTheBayou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitakolata on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:01 am

I'm definitely not opposed to there being a men's board either.

I think in general you find more women journaling and posting because women have a harder time. It's very hard to stay the course when you aren't getting results. I never seem to see many results on anything! So, yeah, I post a lot on on a lot of forums. Smile I need reassurance and support to stay the course.
nikitakolata

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down