Post by Pedidoc on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:22 pm

Very nice template Pebbles.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Back to Bedrock

Post by Pebbles67 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Thanks Pedidoc.

I am looking at some check off diet tracker phone apps to see if they are adjustable.
Pebbles67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:15 pm

No idea of the quality or adjustability, but I'm pretty sure I've seen in someone's signature (here, not just on MDA) that he wrote an app for primal tracking. Since I can't think where, I know this isn't particularly helpful, but do keep an eye out for it and I will too.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:22 pm

Meant2Move wrote:No idea of the quality or adjustability, but I'm pretty sure I've seen in someone's signature (here, not just on MDA) that he wrote an app for primal tracking.  Since I can't think where, I know this isn't particularly helpful, but do keep an eye out for it and I will too.

Crogagnon.

https://paleotrack.com/
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:25 pm

Thanks, LB!

PaleoTrack.com
Not sure if it is an app or just a website as I've not used it. Homescreen testimonials look promising and he is focused on Primal and now has a Keto blurb.

The one that works for your needs is the one you are most apt to use. And yes, it is hard to get enough protein!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles67 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:21 pm

Thanks ladies, paleo track works much like MyFitnessPal.

I'm looking for something simple like my checklist. I found one: Check off diet tracker.

Sent from Topic'it App
Pebbles67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:18 pm

Pebbles love your template. Good job.

I PM’d you
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:45 am

Great template! I'm sure it will be a great tool.

It's so unfortunate that we have to put our kids in boxes, and their seems to be little acknowledgement that there are different paths to success and happiness in life. Males especially seem to bloom later, and it seems to me this should be accepted. One of my nephews didn't learn to read until he was 10 - but when he did, watch out! He almost landed in the special track - how different his life would be. He's a lawyer now, has his own practice and just married a wonderful woman.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles67 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:09 am

The template is already working well. Again, if you want an app, checkoff diet tracker is nice and simple. It also has a more complicated older sister with a few more bells and whistles. They cost .99 and 1.99 respectively.

For me, intuitive eating is difficult. I know that I have some nutritional deficiencies that can become a binge trigger. Now I can see that I have gotten enough protein and fat.

That said, I realize that my fat intake has been way out of control. I always think about what the keto people say..."Protein is a goal, Fat and Carbs are a limit especially for weight loss". I was using the motto "Fat is Good" as an excuse to eat however much I wanted. 100 grams is plenty of good fat.

I need some quick and easy vegetable ideas. I get about two 1/2 cup servings a day, but would like to double that. Truth is, I really want someone to cook my veggies for me. Then I would eat a lot more. Wink

Pebbles67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:35 pm

Pebbles, I like the tracker (especially that you have done it in metrics). It reminds me of the Zone system that I tried out years ago. Both simple, and practical.

I don't know what you are doing for veges already, but some things I have tried include:

Onions, mushrooms and silverbeet at breakfast time with eggs or actually in the omelette.

Use lettuce leaves as a wrap for a lunch "sandwich" with other salad ingredients

Use large mushroom as a "pizza base" for toppings of cheese, tomato paste and basil leaves.

Make a salsa with finely diced capiscums, cucumber, mint or basically anything on hand to dollop over a steak or lamb chop. I would include a fruit also for sweetness, eg orange or peach.

For cooked veges, just lightly steam them and toss through a little knob of garlic butter. This works for carrots or broccoli. Or oven roast in olive oil and rosemary. This works for cauliflower or beetroot.

Or actually cook thoroughly then mash together. Leftovers can have a beaten egg stirred through and then cook as a pancake/hash brown. Eg pumpkin or parsnip.

Of course, everything can mix and match. These are just examples.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:13 pm

Cut up as many different ones as you can, including lots of greens and then make an omelette. I always get in about 3 c of veg i. My morning omelette
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:22 pm

Since veggie prep is time-consuming, consider buying the pre-cut and bagged stuff. With it, you can throw a pile in a steam basket with minimal time investment.

We were recently helping my MIL adjust to a new diabetes diagnosis and trying to help her figure out how to eat more real food versus bread, cereal, and crackers. Steamed veggies, bagged salads, and veggies in her eggs were all suggestions she felt she could do (she dislikes cooking).
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JCat on Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:56 am

I just wanted to chime in on the special education thing. My daughter has lots of issues and attended public school through 8th grade. She was pulled for reading, writing, math and for speech and O.T. Eventually she tested out of reading - she is dyslexic, but is reading above grade level. She is quite intelligent, but does not test well. Anyway this year she is at a private special needs school here in Ohio. Kids are placed in classes according to their levels. They cover everything from college prep to life skills and job training. The kids will get H.S. diplomas. The way I understand it, there are several ways of meeting the requirements for graduation, at least in Ohio. The public schools will tell you that you have to pass the Ohio Graduation exams, but that is not accurate. There are four (I believe) other means of assessment. This might be something for you to look into, but the school district might not be the place for answers.

JCat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:21 pm

Great suggestions on the more veggies plan, Annie. Simple and healthy.
I have limited intuition for eating, as well. I've had to use a calorie as well as macros tracker to control or lose weight. I use a fitness/nutrition tracking software for my laptop called Weightmania Pro. I'm sure there are others.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles67 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:45 pm

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I dropped out of site. 😎
I have been trying to figure out my eating plan but basically just bingeing. I finally decided to try keto again. I've got 10 keto days and I feel great.

I have two auditions coming up. One for Fun Home and the other for Barnum. It is exciting to be getting back in the theater game.

Pebbles67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:02 pm

Congrats on the Keto and the auditions. Sounds like some good happenings around your parts.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:04 pm

Looking forward to seeing pictures of you in costume. Congrats on 10 days keto.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:57 pm

Hi Paula! I was wondering about you! Good luck on the auditions! You always did well on keto - good for you! Keep it going!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4