Back to Bedrock

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Back to Bedrock

Post by Pebbles67 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:08 pm

Hi Everyone,

You can call me Paula, Pebbles or just P. My Mom's name was actually Wilma. lol
I am 50 years old, a Mom of 3 sons, a HS teacher and an actress in my free time.

I am so excited about our new forum! This journal is called Back to Bedrock because I feel like this forum and the renewing of my dedication to all things Primal will bring me back to the solid ground I lived on from 2010-2014.

I believe wholeheartedly that this is the most healthy way to eat and to live. The program and the support from my forum friends helped me lose 80 lbs. Last summer I finished the certification program to become a Primal Health Coach with the hope of passing on this great program to other people with life long food issues. I have a binge eating disorder. Primal Nutrition helps me deal with the food aspects of my problem. I am using a 12 step program to help me with the rest.

Admittedly, due to life circumstances I did not keep off all of the weight I originally lost. It was also because I had not dealt with the reasons why I use food for comfort.
My eating plan is straight out of PB. Three meals a day, clean food, keeping each macro at about 100 grams.
Exercise will include PEMs, weight training, elliptical sprints and Wii exercise games for play.

Thanks for taking this journey with me.
Pebbles67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Back to Bedrock

Post by perennialpam on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:52 pm

So happy to see your here! Welcome on board.

You sound excellent. Good You.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:35 pm

WOW, congrats on the 80 pound loss!!! How cool to have another intelligent nutrition coach out there! Very much needed.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:18 pm

So happy to see you here, Paula! I was thinking of you over the holidays. I imagine you are back in school now? Working on a play?
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:29 pm

Welcome. Hope to get to know you here, as I didn’t on MDA
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:54 pm

Welcome back, P.  Sounds like you’re in a good place now, after all the upheaval over the past couple of years.  Look forward to reading of your ongoing journey. Smile
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:34 pm

Hi Paula! I was hoping you would find your way here too! I've been thinking about you.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles67 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:25 am

perennialpam wrote:So happy to see your here!  Welcome on board.

You sound excellent.  Good You.  

Thank you! Feeling positive and hopeful.
Pebbles67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles67 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:27 am

Heuristicfireflower wrote:WOW, congrats on the 80 pound loss!!!  How cool to have another intelligent nutrition coach out there!  Very much needed.

Thanks. I hope my experience can help someone else.
Pebbles67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles67 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:30 am

The Walrus wrote:So happy to see you here, Paula!  I was thinking of you over the holidays.  I imagine you are back in school now?  Working on a play?  

Thanks. Glad to see all me friends here too.
Yes, back to school, but we are losing days to the weather as usual.
There is an Agatha Christie play auditioning this week, but I chose to pass. There are two musicals I will audition for in the spring. Barnum and Fun Home.
Pebbles67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles67 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:32 am

Narrowminded wrote:Welcome. Hope to get to know you here, as I didn’t on MDA

I read your journal and admired you from afar. I am a Narrowminded groupie. Lol
Pebbles67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles67 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:35 am

Greensprout wrote:Welcome back, P.  Sounds like you’re in a good place now, after all the upheaval over the past couple of years.  Look forward to reading of your ongoing journey. Smile

Thanks. Things are improving with the passage of time. Hopefully, that will continue.
Pebbles67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles67 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:36 am

tomi1000 wrote:Hi Paula!  I was hoping you would find your way here too!  I've been thinking about you.

Hi Tomi! So happy to see you here.
Pebbles67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:07 am

Nice to know I have “groupies” LOL
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles67 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:51 pm

I need to get back into the habit of posting regularly. So, I will tell you about my not so exciting day. This morning we woke up to light snow. A majority of the school districts in our area closed but ours brought us in and kept us here the entire day. Teenagers don't like when they feel they're being treated unfairly. They were very cranky. I was happy to have a full work day with my students. Tonight it is supposed to snow 4-8 inches which means tomorrow will be a snow day.

My ex took our sons away for a couple of days, so tonight I'm on dog sitting duty at our old house. It sits at a higher elevation than the city I now live in, so I hope school is cancelled otherwise I might not be able to make it back. I feel a little strange about staying over at the house. Full of ghosts and memories.

After Christmas I made a really strong start on Primal eating. I actually had two weeks clean in a row, but at the end of last week I lost it and started binging. On binge day #6 right now. I understand what happened, now I just need to stop. Staying at a house that is no longer my own, with all the requisite emotional baggage makes it a little more difficult. At some point I'll talk about the reasons the binging started, but today is not the day.

I am considering starting a Whole 30. The two weeks I was clean I dropped all sugar and artificial sweeteners and most dairy. It's not too far from there to get completely paleo. I hate the fact that I have to admit that artificial sweeteners mess me up and make me crave real sugar. I'll like sweet 0 cal drinks. :'(

Well, I get out at 3 and then I will fight my way up to the house. Hopefully the roads aren't too bad. If things look mostly good I will go to the gym first.

Stay warm everyone.

Sent from Topic'it App
Pebbles67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:58 pm

I totally get the artificial sugar thing - that is the effect it had on me - serious cravings for real sugar and just about everything else, including more artificial sweetener! People look at me strangely when I'm pressed to eat or drink something and I tell them I never touch artificial sweeteners!

Best wishes on your home stay - you are strong! Maybe it will help you work through things.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:09 pm

I can imagine staying at the house would be difficult. Enjoy the dog time and the snow day.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:13 pm

Hoping you have a snow day and can stay in tomorrow.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:22 pm

Hang in there, Paula. Take some time for self care. Hot scented bath, meditation, reading, or something positive.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:38 am

Hang in there Paula. Taking care of the dog will be nice as s/he will love that you are. Waggy tail, doggy attention (both ways).

This is good of you to do for your sons and their dog. Keep your head up.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles67 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:26 am

I made it to the house without a problem and have a snow day today. Good thing because I will have a lot of snow to shovel.
The dog and big fat tomcat have been sweet. The dog is missing his boys. The cat doesn't care as long as he gets fed. Sounds familiar. Lol

I made it through last night with an Outlander season 3 marathon. They have Starz, I do not.
I have tried not to focus on the storm of feelings and memories sparked by almost every object. I brought Primal food with me so I can take good care of myself.
Thanks for the encouragement.
Pebbles67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:43 am

Wow, an 80 lb loss. That's really great!

I can only imagine how weird it would be to be back in the ex's house (your old house). That has to bring up a lot of emotion for you.

Glad you got your snow day.............

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:05 pm

Happy to hear your night went ok. Has to be tough
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles67 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:37 pm

I finally arrived home around 2 to discover they hadn't finished plowing my apartment complex yet. Had to drive around the block for 45 minutes. Now snuggled on the couch with my cat.

Sent from Topic'it App

Last edited by Pebbles67 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pebbles67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:10 pm

wow - tough going back to the "old life" house. Sometimes its good to face the things that bring us painful memories - but you need to be in the right place to do so. It sounds like you did well. Good job!

I know you can master this binge thing! You keep at it! One day it will be a thing of the past and you'll be feeling the pleasure of victory!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next