In New Mexico

Go down

In New Mexico

Post by SWSL on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:50 am

Hey all.  I have been following the Primal Blueprint world for quite a few years now and really appreciate all the Mark has done to bring some clarity and common sense to our ways of diet and lifestyle.    I check in with MDA constantly for info and judgement calls on food, health etc.  Checking the forums the other day for something (always a lurker)  I saw that it is now closed and somehow being moved to Facebook.  Yuck.   Although I'm as hooked as anyone on internet info (best library ever), I'm off Facebook, they can have it.    So I'm grateful that this forum is happening and wish to participate more, especially early on when our engagement can make a difference and help to build inertia. Thanks for making this forum happen!

I have lived semi-primal  most of my adult life, choosing a wilder life, barefoot and probiotic (earthy dirty);a physical swimming and walking oriented daily life, intermittent fasting etc and in many ways just following my instincts that turned out to be justified within todays Primal/Paleo trends.  Still, I have found and learned so much at MDA and at just the right time as I was starting to bake breads a few years ago and getting some weight on. Carb conciousness (rarely achieving LOW carb, but) has really helped me get back to form. And getting good knowledge about oils/fats and less industrial food in general.  Have had Lyme off and on for 25 years but never anything digestive or metabolic as far as I know.  Was always too frugal to spend money on sugar water.  Alcohol however has been the tougher one to find a healthy balance with, but awareness helps ...some!

Our home is in Southern New Mexico, and then we work and camp around a lot, frequently down on the coast in Mexico, where I met my wife years back.   Alternative construction (adobe/straw bale etc), fruit picking in the past, mostly living and working outside as much as possible.  That's how we roll!   Just hit 60, spending as much time in the Pacific as ever any way I can.   "Not sweet, Salty".

Cheers,
Steve

SWSL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In New Mexico

Post by Lovebird on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:12 pm

Nice introduction! Great to have you here!

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:49 pm

Hi Steve, hope you like the forum here and will be a frequent contributor.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:20 pm

Welcome to the forum, Steve. I am so glad you found us. Jump in, and post away.....

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:17 pm

Welcome Steve it will be nice getting to know you.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:04 pm

What an interesting introduction and lifestyle. I look forward to hearing more from you.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down