My renewal...

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

My renewal... - Page 21 Empty Re: My renewal...

Post by Rig D on Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:00 am

Like others, sorry to hear about the relapse, but hope you can expedite getting in to the doc and get started on the treatments. I'm hoping you can knock it back down quickly. Also hoping that there is a break through on a cure.
Stay strong.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:56 pm

Sending positive thoughts and a big hug!  

A week of cherry season?  Nooooo! That is so unfair.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:41 pm

Thanks guys! I decided to be a grown up and stop coming up with excuses not to call the oncologist. My appointment was moved up to tomorrow. I have horrible veins, so they usually have to stick me the back of the hand. My inner toddler has come to hate blood tests, which are usually part of the appointment. But I will suck it up and drink lots and lots of water. I am going to steal my new motto from Rig, Stay Strong! I like that.

M2M, a short cherry season is unfair!

Floors upstairs and the stairs were sanded today and they look amazing. Tomorrow they start staining and sealing. I am so done with remodel and people being in the house. It is hard to be a hermit when you have people around you! Very Happy Daisy loves the attention.

Dinner tonight is Marsala mushroom sausage spaghetti sauce over zucchini “noodles”. The sausage is locally made, very lean and so tasty. I will add frozen artichoke hearts and extra mushrooms to the sauce to up the veggies. Our morning walk was a bust, it was too gross humid, even at 6 am. Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler but rainy.

Vh67
Vh67

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:43 pm

The humidity is exactly why I do my steps in the house!

Ask them to put some numbing cream on the site they want to use and then have them wait about 20 minutes before they stick you. Your inner toddler will approve.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:15 am

I am glad you have rescheduled your appointment. Better to get in there quickly and find out for sure. Sorry about the blood tests you know are coming. Hoping you can use Pedi's advice about the cream.

This remodeling has been a long time. I have only been through a few, and nothing as nice as you have and are looking forward to, and it gets old. I would also hate to lose my privacy during that time period.

Hope you can squeeze in a walk today for you and Daisy-girl.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:08 am

V maybe having someone in the house so you can’t be a hermit is a good thing. I know it’s hard, but at the same time it’s getting you to the Dr faster most likely.

Hopefully your blood stick won’t be to bad - praying.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:56 pm

Dr. appointment went mostly as expected. I was not a big baby about the blood draw. I thought about Pedi’s recommendation but did not want to have to wait. She ended up poking me twice since the first time she hit scar tissue. My insurance needs to approve the PET scan and once they do, it will get scheduled. I follow up with the oncologist again on July 3. He is going to talk to the ENT about doing a biopsy which involves removing part of the swollen area. Last time they just scrapped it. The is no defined mass to remove and previously the ENT was concerned that the risk of removing tissue at the base of my tongue did not outweigh the benefits. My oncologist thinks it might now.

I am really tired today. I had to park in the last row of the far parking lot at the hospital so I got in a decent walk and I took the stairs. Food has been really good today. Tonight is spicy soup with greens and potatoes.

The floors are stained and look amazing! Tomorrow they will finish them. Cabinets should go in Thursday and Friday. I will take pictures this weekend. This has been a long project but it is over 1200sf and they had to start from almost scratch.

Vh67
Vh67

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:53 pm

I'm glad you go the doc appointment moved up and done. Bummer about the bad veins....... I can relate - I have small, deep veins and I have only found one phlebotomist who can easily find the medial vein, but even she has to go for the hands about 1/2 the time. She always uses a butterfly and is very gentle. And yes - often has to do multiple sticks due to collapse. I hate having to get a blood draw too. When I was pregnant the first time they stuck me 5 times before finding a good vein. I have to put my big girl pants on every time I need get a blood draw. So - - all that to say, I feel your pain Sad

The house sounds lovely and I can't wait to see pics.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:52 pm

Glad you got the doctor visit done and have a plan. I look forward to seeing the pictures.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:04 am

Dear Val. (((HUGS))) So sorry to learn what you're dealing with. Again. Sending plenty of healing thoughts and prayers your way and hope everything will turn out just fine and the treatment will catch on. Glad to know you've got E (and Daisy) on your side. Plus the tribe. Never forget that.

Sounds like the remodeling is going great. Can't imagine living under conditions like that, especially so soon after the last one, but in the end you'll be happy you did and that is what counts.
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:09 am

I too am happy you have been to see the Dr and other tests/visit will proceed so this can get taken care of.

I can’t wait to see pics of the remodel. It sounds so wonderful.

As LB said, don’t forget you’ve got the tribe behind you.

Hugs
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:10 pm

All the best wishes for your tests to go well. Yes, pics of the remodel! {{{{{hugs}}}}}
The Walrus
The Walrus

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM on Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:09 am

Hugs and prayers V.
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:02 am

Thank you for all the positive nougats, prayers and hugs. I have had bouts of depression that leads to inaction and this has helped push me into action. That and E grabbing me the ear and getting me moving. I am still waiting for the call back on the PET scan. The oncologist said it migh take a little time to get the approval from the insurance company. I have not had one done with my current carrier but under my last carrier, they seemed to automatically deny them and the doctor had to convince them to over turn the denial. Hopefully today or tomorrow.

We had a very busy three days! Or at least V busy, not Pedi busy. We finally found ceiling fans that I like, will fit and don’t cost $600 each. There was an electric supply company that had a small lighting show room and they were very helpful. We got a love seat ordered and by happenstance, found a new tv stand for the living room. We have been looking for a while and this one matches our China hutch. It is technically a sideboard but the store had it set up as a tv stand. I love the china hutch and it will tie the rooms together. We are going to paint and repurpose our current stand upstairs.

Yesterday we did a three mile hike. We hiked to the top of the park where there picnic tables and had a little picnic breakfast and then hiked back down. We may start doing that regularly as it was very beautiful and gave Daisy a little break. After we got back, we played in the garden and E mowed the lawns. The weeks of hot and wet weather have caused both our plants and the weeds to grow. I swear the weeds grow faster after I pull them out! This week is going to be a little drier so hopefully I can get caught up. We had our first green beans and probably our last peas with dinner last night. The hot weather this week will probably finish off the peas. We will pull them out this weekend and do our second planting of bush beans. Our tomatoes have their first blossoms. We have two kinds of Rutger tomatoes, one yellow cherry and two black cherry tomatoes. I think I picked up an orange and a zebra strip tomato plant. We have a total of 15 plants. I am hoping to get enough of our tomatoes to can some, dry some and maybe make my own paste or ketchup. Our eggplant are growing like crazy too. E’s Lima beans are doing well too. The peppers should start growing now that we are have warmer days.

Daisy went to the vet last week and unsurprisingly she has more arthritis, this time in her back legs. She can’t tolerate doggie NSAIDS, so the vet put her on Gabapentin, which I think is what M2M is taking. It can be used alone or with other pain meds in dogs. It seems to be helping. Yesterday she easily jumped into the car. Before she struggled with it or I had to help her. She is also on a diet since she currently on the heavy side of her ideal weight and the vet would like her on the low side. We got up at six and did a quick walk around the neighborhood and plan on doing that every day to help both her and me to meet our weight loss goals.

The floors are done and the railing for the stairs and the landing is going in right now. Plus more trim work. Cabinets were also put in on Thursday.

My renewal... - Page 21 D4152510
My renewal... - Page 21 93282210

Tile guy is on vacation this week, so that will push things back a bit. Tomorrow they will measure for countertops and ledges. The closet shelves and cabinets should come this week too!

Time to go weed!
Vh67
Vh67

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:04 am

And the blue in the bathroom is going to be repainted a couple shades darker. This blue is nice but too pastelly for the space.
Vh67
Vh67

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:35 pm

Those floors are lovely! 

And I must say I have some garden envy... I have 2 measly little pea pod plants that I had such high hopes for - just a treat to grab a snap pea now and then. We had frost Saturday night... really? In June? Argh!

The hikes and walks with Daisy sound so good, and I'm glad to read the gabapentin is helping her.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:59 pm

Daisy says you might consider adopting a young adult dog if she can meet them and approve. Smile
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:25 pm

I agree - very beautiful floors! I love oak!
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:03 am

V everything is looking beautiful. Love the floors as well. Love the color of stain you chose for the oak. Kind of a medium color. Can’t wait to see everything finished.

Those walks will be good for you. I know I take my 2 for about a mile, first thing each morning and it’s a great way to get started.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM on Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:13 am

Sorry to hear about Daisy. Glad you are walking, it is good for the both of you. Enjoy following the progress of the remodel, so pretty. Of course I love the garden stories too. Smile Have a wonderful day.
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:25 pm

Greyhounds are great! They do well with either a little or a lot of exercise, and are very calm indoors. Also they usually get along very well with other large dogs. (You know I had to get in a shout for my favourite breed. I love you )

Love the floors and basically everything! Looks wonderful, I'm envious. I would love to be able to choose my own colours and finishes, not complaining as our house is very nice, but I can't do any personalisation or painting or anything. Someday!

As always, many good thoughts for your tests and your health. I love you
The Walrus
The Walrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:04 pm

The rail is in and it looks it as always been there. It is simple wood and black iron and the wood will be stained the same color as the floors. There was a frenzy of work early in the week and no one has been here since Tuesday. While I would love them to be working, it is nice not to have the house full of people. The tile guy comes back from vacation on Monday and starts back in the bathroom but the painter is on vacation starting Monday. There is still lots and lots of painting to do, including the stair risers so ignore the paint colors in the pictures.
My renewal... - Page 21 B640fc10
My renewal... - Page 21 8541cc10

My PET Scan is scheduled for Monday. I called the office and they sent the pre-approval to the wrong carrier. On the plus size, my carrier does not require per-approval.

Daisy is definitely doing well on the new meds. We chased each other around the house last night, ending in a big wrestling match on the bed afterwards. It is good seeing her act like herself again.

As much as I would like a second dog, it would mean that we could not travel as easily as we do now and they might need to be boarded more. Daisy goes with us unless we are flying. She is a well traveled pup!

Feeling really tired today. At times that worries me more than the throat swelling and pain. It is a profound fatiage, not just tired from lack of sleep or too much activity. It is what I felt before I was diagnosed the first time. It is always there, sometimes I can push through it and sometimes, I just need to lay down and nap.

Yesterday, during the day, was a f-it day for food. It could have been a lot worse but I got a bag of plantain chips and guacamole and ate it for lunch. At least dinner was a healthy (and yummy) cioppino. I think it was a combo of things that pushed me into the stress eating. The anniversary of brother dying was Tuesday and the stress of the latest health issue. I thought about really being stupid and getting cookies but the damage it would have done to my belly stopped me. There was a mild angry belly response to the chips but nothing like cookies would have done. I still have work to do on the emotional eating.
Vh67
Vh67

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:10 pm

Praying for the best possible results on Monday. Hugs..........
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:43 pm

The stairs look wonderful! While it is a pain having renos going on, it must be fun to see it come together as well. Here's hoping it goes quickly and smoothly.

All the best for your PET scan and hope you're feeling better.
The Walrus
The Walrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:52 pm

All the renovations look wonderful and I am sure will be even more fantastic when the painting is done. Praying for good results on the PET scan and for you to have the energy you need to complete what you feel needs doing. I am glad Daisy is feeling better.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum