My renewal...

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Re: My renewal...

Post by perennialpam on Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:28 am

So happy for you wonderful relationship. I like how you ended your entry.

Cannot imagine radish cakes and I am a radish person. Hmm, was remembering the other day that dad used to convince me to make radish sandwiches. I do not recall what they tasted like or if I used butter like I believe he did. haha
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:50 am

Sounds like some wonderful plan for the new year V.

So sorry you are not feeling up to par.

I have Wahl’s book and getting those veggies in I found pretty easy and I do feel much better when I do that. Breakfast seems an easy place to get a lot when I make my hash. Cheers as I you move forward with her plan.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:23 pm

Daikon cakes! My DH will love those, must get a recipe.

So glad you found each other! Warms my heart to think of you.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:47 pm

Hoping you feel better quickly. Rest and push fluids.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:41 pm

I love your plan for the new year. I wish you success and sure hope you feel better soon!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:34 pm

Today I am feeling a little better but am still whiny. I slept well last night, thanks to Tylenol and an Ativan. On the plus side, my abs are getting a good work out from the coughing. E went back to work today and is feeling much better.

Food was good and I managed to get in all my veggies and a serving of salmon. I got in a little activity especially if you count vacuuming. Daisy is blowing out her undercoat and I have to vacuum frequently or it looks like a feral dog den in here.

Tired tonight. Might be an early night.
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:50 pm

Vh67 wrote:On the plus side, my abs are getting a good work out from the coughing.

This made me laugh! Laughing
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:35 am

Happy to hear you are on the mend.

Gotta love the tumble weeds when they shed. Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:10 am

Good news on feeling better.

I do not have my DGDog over due to the shedding. It has a way of never leaving. My DS does a good job of keeping up at home.

Good luck with the Wahls protocol. I remember the first time I saw one of her YouTube videos. Hope it helps your tummy.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:31 am

Love the transformation! What a wonderful center for food creations for you both. Cool to see the before and after pics.
I suspect I have diverticuli and it's good to know that food choices really does make a difference. Hope you feel better soon.

Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:16 pm

This year I am not really doing resolutions. This year my focus is just being a better me, on every level. I want to learn new things, be a kinder person, see new things and eat amazing foods. I want to appreciate all of the good in my life and take on the challenges with a sense of humor and determination. I want to cherish my body while pushing it to be the best it can be. And I want to do iall of that with the person that makes me giggle inappropriately and makes my heart skip a beat at the sound of his voice or the sight of his pretty blue eyes! Here is to 2019! May it be less phlegmy than it is today!

loving this! Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:56 pm

The colds are slowly improving. We are feeling better but are still snot monsters. It is very romantic!

We are settling in the new kitchen. I am assuming it will be another week or two until we get the last two shelves since they had to order them. It is so nice to have such a functional and comfortable space to cook in! I know I keep saying that but it is such an improvement. Now I need to get all of the other closets organized. I used two other ones as pantries and now they will become our canning closets.

I have been doing pretty good at following the Wahls protocol. Lots of vegetables, a nice mix of proteins including seafood and fish and a serving or two fermented stuff everyday. We did our main shopping this morning. Our CSA is having special green pickup tomorrow. They don't have enough to do a whole season but they have enough to do a week or two of greenhouse greens that they planted before they realized the fall harvest of storage crops were not going to be enough for a winter season. It will be nice to have the fresh greens. Tonight is meatza with almond ricotta cheez and a side of homemade antipasto veggies.

There has been a lot of improvement of my belly pain since Christmas, which is nice. I just need to stay away from a steady diet of gf baked goods. They are not my friend.

Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:28 pm

Happy to hear you both are feeling better, if not quite over the cold yet.

I love hearing your excitement over your new kitchen. It is so beautiful.

Glad Wahl’s is helping with the stomach pain as well.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:44 am

You sound great. Love the new kitchen (thanks for sharing the pics!) and your enthousiasm.

Great start of the new year. Smile Nice to know the end of 2018 was also good, aside from you and E catching a cold. No GF treats for you my dear.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:20 am

Glad your stomach is shaping up. Sounds as though you need to stay away from baked grains, no matter what.
Your new kitchen is very attractive, congrats on a big success there.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:17 am

I am still loving the kitchen! It is hard to remember what it was before. Contractor is here today doing the punchlist items like installing the missing shelves and few other things. The electrical guys are here too, doing all the prep work for the new electrical service. Our electrical originally was underground but the power company is now requiring overhead service since the underground lines are over 60 years old. We also need a new panel. I will be glad when all this is done.

My cold is lingering. I feel mostly fine but I have a cough and lots of snot still. No fever and it is mostly clear so I am not worried, just annoyed. I am still cleaning and putting the house back together, so I am sure stirring up the fine construction dust that got everywhere is not helping.

We might get snow this weekend! Of course the forecast is ever changing so we might not too. I am excited. Pam has put a bug in E's ear about winter camping so we maybe be doing that at some point. We need to check out his gear and see what we have and what we need. I am not sure I am a winter camping girl...

Time for Daisy's walk!
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:27 am

Well, winter camping is definitely a different adventure from warm/cool weather camping. Not to put a damper on your joy, but I will only do it when there is an actual reason to go - climbing a mountain, ski touring, getting to a frozen waterfall... For me, it has to be goal oriented.  Might be that my normal real life is a bit too much like camping, so I won't add to it with adversity when it's cold.  
Hope the snot clears soon, that makes me crazy!
So pleased for you with that beautiful new kitchen!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:28 am

Interesting, I would not want to be swapping underground for above ground on the utility feed. Never had a problem with poles breaking/damaged, animals, or wind doing your service in when the feed is below ground. Many years ago, the push was to go underground, I assume the reason for the overhead line is simply "it is cheaper to install."  Penny wise, $ foolish.

Weather, winter is setting here also, we went from 50's the last couple of days to 20's, with some chance of snow. Yuck.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:47 pm

Yeah we did get a dusting of snow this morning, not sure what tomorrow will bring.

Enjoy deciding if you have what you need for a winter camp. Wouldn’t be for me either.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:41 pm

For me......... winter camping only happens if, A) there is no snow and, B) I'm in an RV with heat and shower. Smile I'm too much of a sissy to try slogging around in muck, snow and cold. Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:01 pm

Well, vh67 & all, there is a difference in the way I do it from ekba.

Anyway, sorry.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:14 pm

So nice to have a kitchen to your specs. A dream of mine. Must be a great pleasure prepping food with all the organized space. Smile

I think it would be an adventure to snow camp. Never been. But, this is from someone who doesn't see snow for years. Being prepared and comfortable are key I'm thinking.

Saw your post to NM about Edible Magazine. How cool is that. Found for my area and am exploring. Thanks for that.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:59 am

I would love to try winter camping! Maybe in Tasmania as we don’t have much winter anywhere else. Well, maybe in the mountains. Can’t wait to hear if you decide to go!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:09 pm

HFF- I am glad you looked up the Edible magazine for your area. We have gotten a lot of use out of them.

Pam, I was kidding! I love reading your adventures, they make me want to try them!

We have been talking about all kinds of camping, especially since we now have a Subaru. However we don't have a lot of equipment yet. I do look forward to a winter trip in a cabin or yurt first to see how daisy and I do. I have been working on getting the appropriate cold weather hiking gear, which I think I have now that I got wool base layers for Christmas. We are having a cold snap here. As soon as I shake this cold, I want to do a long hike with my new cold weather gear to see how well it works. Fortunately we have a great park near us to test it.

The cold has flared up again. It feels like another virus versus a secondary bacterial infection. I am taking it easy today and have a pot of broth bubbling on stove. I will make a sausage and potato soup for dinner. Getting lots fluids too. Hopefully I will kick this soon. It is making me cranky.

Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:26 pm

Feeling a little better today but am trying to get the final kitchen things put away. We have KonMari all our stuff as we put it away, so it has taken a little longer. Plus I was waiting for some shelves to be installed. I still two have cabinets that need glass/shelves.

Winter has arrived here! With the wind it is so cold. Daisy and I took a quick walk and we walked very quickly. Tomorrow will be our long walk, at least long for me. I will be bundled up in my gear.

Food has been good. I have been doing well with getting in large amounts vegetables but I have been eating too much protein. I feel a reduction in inflammation. Tonight is date night, so we will be doing sushi, so tonight is my starch night. This has been going pretty well. I am still having abdominal/intestinal pain but it seems to be getting better.
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum