My renewal...

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

My renewal... - Page 13 Empty Re: My renewal...

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:02 pm

Merry Christmas!
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:08 am

So understandable under these stressful circumstances, especially since it was supposed to be finished by now. Hugs.

Vh67 wrote: Tonight is smoked pork chops braised with red cabbage and duck fat roasted potatoes. I love being married to a man that cooks!

And he does it so well... sounds yummy!

Pedidoc wrote:Merry Christmas, V & E.  Drive carefully and have a great time with family.

+1 And ofcourse D. Smile
Lovebird
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:42 am

Know all so well about construction delays. What a disappointment for you. The tears are due to this time of the year and unkept promises.

Have a wonderful holiday with the family and safe travels.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:00 pm

A very Happy Christmas to you and E!
The Walrus
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:36 pm

Christmas was wonderful. I am still catching up on diaries. Kitchen is mostly done except for the new electrical panel. E got a needed new car, a Subaru Forrester.

Before:My renewal... - Page 13 Img_0213
My renewal... - Page 13 Img_0215
My renewal... - Page 13 Img_0214
Vh67
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:39 pm

And now:My renewal... - Page 13 Img_0411
My renewal... - Page 13 Img_0412
My renewal... - Page 13 Img_0410
Vh67
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:48 pm

WOW! I love it! What a huge difference in the before and after pictures. You must be thrilled with the way it turned out.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:18 pm

From 50s diner to clean functional!
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:57 pm

Fabulous! Thanks for the before and after pics.

Wow is all I can say. Congratulations on a wonderful job.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:51 pm

Oh my gosh!!! I love your new kitchen! Smile
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:15 pm

Thank you so much! We are really enjoying it. There is still a lot of little things that need to be done but it is functional. We are moving our stuff back in and culling out a lot of things that we just don't need.

Sadly our friends that were coming on Sunday for New Years are not going to be able to make because their dog is sick. However, we are not having to stress out about cleaning while getting the kitchen up and running. I have laundry room stuff in the guest room.

On Christmas Day, after we got home from E's parents, we roasted one of heritage turkey halves. Today we are having our fourth meal from it, turkey soup. I am trying to fight off a cold. I am hoping the magical powers of soup nip it the bud.

I am starting my W30ish/Wahls Protocol early. The Christmas holiday was not kind to my belly. Today was just soft food/soup to make the diverticulitis gods happy. Tomorrow is our Csa pick up and shopping day, so I will pick up lots of veggies for roasting. I am not sure I will be able raw vegetables for a week or two.

Vh67
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:49 pm

Wow V everything looks beautiful. Spectacular. I’d never leave the kitchen Smile

Here’s hoping the gut responds positively and quickly.

Yes, I need to start very soon myself with my better eating.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:31 am

That is stunning!
The Walrus
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:55 am

Sorry your friends had to cancel.

Bone broth works wonders for me and I hope for you too. Actually, I'm sure it will for holding off your cold and your gut.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:42 am

You have reminded me that I have a chicken carcass with quite a bit of meat on it in the freezer. I need to put it and assorted veg in the IP for some broth/soup.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:30 am

The renovation is really beautiful. Such a treat for 2 people who love to cook.
I hope you feel better soon. Sorry that the holidays spiked troubles, but I sure get how that happens.
Be well!

Sent from Topic'it App
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:42 pm

I'm sorry the belly isn't doing well. You are right to get back on track to settle it down. I hope you were able to beat that cold.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:27 am

We are a house of sickness! Our pre-breakfast hike has been tabled since we are both feeling icky. We are planning a walk around the neighborhood later if we are feeling better.

We have mostly organized the kitchen and reclaimed the living room and dining room. All the plastic bins are in the attic. The den still needs some cleaning and decluttering but some of what is still in there goes into the laundry room and base cabinet there is missing a shelf. There will be some moving around of glasses when the new bar cabinet arrives as it should hold all our stem ware, wine and liquor.

We will hopefully feel up to sorting our pots, pans and various kitchen tools today. We can't put all our pots away yet since we are still missing a shelf there too. They were short a couple shelves and were sent the wrong cabinet glass but hopefully that will be taken care of this week.

E made a yummy porchetta last night. It was our first and next time we will get the pork belly without the loin. It had been recommended on the internet that you have the butcher leave it on but I think it got a little dry even though it was wrapped in pork belly. You could have eaten the belly with a spoon it was tender and the skin was magically crunchy!
Vh67
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:42 am

I showered, which sadly feels like an accomplishment!

I have been working on my planned Back to Paleo Basics food plan that is based on the second tier of Wahls Protocol.  Her website has a lot of good info, including a downloadable food pyramid that breaks it down in one chart.  If you are really interested in it, her book and cookbook are excellent.  The book has more detail and the cookbook has the plans plus we have liked the recipes we have tried so far.  My plan below is based on the foods I can eat, which is more limited than her plan.  I plan on tweaking as I go, if necessary.  Her third tier is a keto Paleo plan, which I might try at some point.  

9 cups of fruits and vegetables
*3 c tightly packed leafy greens (kale, collards, chard, Asian greens and lettuces
*3 c deeply colored vegetables and fruits (colored fruits, tomatoes, peppers, beets, carrots and winter squashes)
*3 c sulfur-rich vegetables(broccoli, cabbage, mushrooms, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, radishes, onions and garlic)

16 oz omega 3 rich fish (salmon, herring and sardines) per week
10-16 oz meat per day
12 oz of organ meat or whole seafood (mussels, sardines, oysters, liver, gizzards, heart and kidney) per week
Seaweed daily as part of a meal (kelp, nori, Kombu)
1/4 cup or more of fermented foods daily
Limit "white"starchy foods to 2 servings per week

My "white" starchy foods will be limited to peeled potatoes and rice, no gluten free grains.  No dairy, chocolate, nuts or legumes.  No alcohol at this point.  I bought some nut butters to try but those will be limited.  She also recommends no eggs unless you have tested them. I know I am ok with yolks but can't eat whites.  

I also plan on adding in activity everyday but don't have a specific plan in place.  At this point it is a vague "have fun and move" plan.

I forgot to add that I will still be taking 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda once or twice a day.  It really helps with the pain.  

Here is to a healthy 2019!
Vh67
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FrogPad on Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:53 pm

Vh67 your kitchen is beautiful, it looks like it would be so easy and fun to cook in.

FrogPad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:35 pm

"Have fun and move" sounds like an excellent plan to me! Just dance, kick, wave your arms, and enjoy yourself! Get used to moving, you can always add some actual exercises as you feel stronger. Pretty easy to add some lunges and squats in between dance steps. Wall push-ups, Barbie weights, hanging from the door frame...
Hope you both feel better soon!

Sent from Topic'it App
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:52 pm

I recommend dialing up the Pointer Sisters “Jump.” If that doesn’t make you move, try Justin Timberlake “Can’t Stop the Feeling.” Repeat as necessary!
The Walrus
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:15 pm

Frog pad, Thank you! And welcome!

M2M and TW, those sound like great suggestions!

Quiet night. We had a tasty but easy on the tummy dinner of lamb burgers and rice. E had a soft boiled egg on his rice and I had sautéed mushroom and carrots. I am still congested and have a cough. E says he is feeling better, which is good, but he sounds congested as well.

Happy New Year!
Vh67
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:22 pm

Happy New Year, hope you feel better soon. That meal plan sounds incredibly nutritious, though perhaps not so very easy to achieve (especially the three cups of broccoli etc).
Annieh
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:30 am

Thank you Annie!

I find getting the sulfur rich foods like broccoli fairly easy since I started roasting them. Plus I get roughly three lbs of mushrooms a week to have with breakfast. We usually shop once a week so I might have to start adding a midweek shopping trip in to restock vegetables, especially now that our late fall Csa ended Saturday.

Good news is that E is feeling better! He is still congested but he is perky. Sad news is I am not. I slept well but have a painful, unproductive cough. The post nasal drip is causing a nasty sore throat, which makes coughing painful. No temp so I think it is just a virus that needs to run its course. I am taking Mucinex to loosen things up and drinking lots of fluids. We may do an easy walk in a little while since is warm out and I need to get out.

E is making steamed daikon radish cakes with shrimp. We got three lbs of white daikon radishes from the Csa and they are not my favorite raw. The purple one are tasty and pretty but the steamed cakes are yummy.

Today is going to be more of a snacky day. E is going to make shrimp(prawns for those of us from the west coast) with cocktail sauce, the steamed radish cakes and a veggie tray. We have leftover porchetta as well.

This year I am not really doing resolutions. This year my focus is just being a better me, on every level. I want to learn new things, be a kinder person, see new things and eat amazing foods. I want to appreciate all of the good in my life and take on the challenges with a sense of humor and determination. I want to cherish my body while pushing it to be the best it can be. And I want to do iall of that with the person that makes me giggle inappropriately and makes my heart skip a beat at the sound of his voice or the sight of his pretty blue eyes! Here is to 2019! May it be less phlegmy than it is today!
Vh67
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum