My renewal...

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

My renewal... - Page 12 Empty Re: My renewal...

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Dec 10 2018, 14:45

That is a very beautiful picture of the falls! I live in Ontario, home of Niagara Falls, albeit much larger than the Catskills, but my point is that everytime I go there I am in wonder of such a beautiful piece of nature. I'm glad you also found beauty during your trip.

I love venison. It really does make the perfect kielbasa when a little pork (for fat) is added. I miss venison - I grew up on it.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Dec 10 2018, 20:34

What a beautiful picture! There is a waterfall that looks very similar to that in my area of the world. It is in the Silver Falls Park - an area with something like 14 waterfalls, with trails to see them all.

Best wishes on the MRI!
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Mon Dec 10 2018, 21:34

The MRI went well.  Hopefully it will find my nodule unchanged.  I am not going to worry about it until/unless there is something to worry about.

Electricians are here today!  They are putting in switches, plugs and lights. And doing all sorts of stuff downstairs. All the electrical in the kitchen had to be replaced and a new electrical panel is being installed too.  Of course, after they are done, there will be lots more drywall repairs to do.

Half of the meat is packed and in the freezer. Will get the rest done this afternoon.  Dinner tonight is spaghetti chili, which is just really thick spaghetti sauce with lots of veggies in it.  One of my favorites!  Tummy is better but still dealing with a few side effects of that bagel.  Time to get back to work!
Vh67
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Dec 11 2018, 00:13

Wow awesome on the reno front. Getting closer now.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Dec 11 2018, 01:33

I'm sure the frozen waterfalls and surrounding terrain were spectacular. Hard to capture that in a photo, but yours was lovely. 

Had a "what?" moment about the Vanderbilt house - I know of the one near Nashville, but of course, those folks has more than one home. 

Hoping all is well with your MRI!
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Dec 11 2018, 10:37

That picture was lovely.

Glad the reno is coming together. So much fun watching this vs. living it. Smile
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Fri Dec 14 2018, 22:40

NM, it is getting closer!

M2M, the Vanderbilts had 43 mansions, with this one being one of the most modest. And it was not modest!

Pam, I agree 1000%! And I am so done with living it!

The countertops are in! The early part of the week, was very slow, with just some electrical being done. Then two days of nothing. I might have gotten a little cranky since there is so much they could have been doing without the counters installed. But today my countertops showed up and I am happy!

Today I also had my annual exam with the gyno. It went well. Chemo threw me into menopause prematurely. I have been using a vaginal estrogen cream to combat some unpleasant side effects but I started to have a reaction to something in the cream so I had to stop it. I can't take oral estrogen or use a patch because of my past blood clot. She prescribed a newer drug called Intrarosa. Hopefully it will work as well as she says it should.

We have a quiet weekend planned. CSA pickup and grocery shopping tomorrow. I might do some kitchen cleaning and polishing as the kitchen is very dusty.

I am going to start the Wahls Protocol after Christmas. There are three levels and I am already basically doing her second tier but I need to up my vegetable intake and make a few other tweaks. And them I will slowly work my way to the third tier, which is keto.

And now kitchen pictures!
My renewal... - Page 12 Img_0314
My renewal... - Page 12 Img_0315
My renewal... - Page 12 Img_0314

Vh67
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Fri Dec 14 2018, 22:42

My renewal... - Page 12 Img_0316

And the copper veggie sink!
Vh67
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Dec 14 2018, 23:27

Very nice. I like the movement in the counter tops.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Dec 15 2018, 00:34

Love the kitchen, countertop is beautiful!
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Sat Dec 15 2018, 00:53

Ooo! Aaaahhh!  Very nice, I love how that looks.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Dec 15 2018, 01:49

Sweet! Anticipation.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Sat Dec 15 2018, 21:28

Thanks! I am pretty excited now! I can almost see the end.

Busy day so far, especially since the weather is gloomy. We went and did our weekly grocery store, hippy market and Csa pick-up circle this morning so we are stocked up for the week. We then went and looked at Subarus. E needs to replace his car and we really liked the Forrester. We may be getting a new car by the end of the year!

I have a pot of bone broth going with a mix of pork and beef bones. Tonight will be hamburgers on a pile of salad greens and tomorrow will be a pot roast. We also have boneless chicken thighs for Monday. The rest of the week will be pork, seafood and fish from the freezer. We are trying to mix up our meats a little. I got some chicken livers that I may make a pate with but that will be for me and Daisy.

Sounds like there are a number of us that are cleaning up our eating in the next few weeks. I have been doing pretty we with my WCE but I will be having decadent foods on Christmas Eve, maybe Christmas Eve Eve and Christmas Day. Most of the foods I can eat, other than the sweets, are W30. So after we get home, my plan is start stage two of the Wahls Protocol, which is basically paleo with some stricter guidelines on what to eat. As I get closer, I will write it out more completely to help me stay on track.

My Christmas shopping is mostly done. now I need to start wrapping. I am still waiting for a couple things to be delivered. Driving home from dinner last night, I made E drive past all the houses with lights and decorations. I really do love this time of year!
Vh67
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Sun Dec 16 2018, 01:03

Countertop looks great and that copper sink is awesome. Nothing like a nice touch of character.
Here's to unchanged or better outcome on the MRI results!
Heuristicfireflower
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Dec 17 2018, 14:46

I love the kitchen! I see you also have a hand-washing sink. Those are soooo handy! We have one as well and now that I've had a kitchen with two sinks I don't think I could go back.

I will also be joining you on the "clean up the diet" front come January!

Keep posting kitchen pics - they're great!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Mon Dec 17 2018, 15:58

Thank you ladies! It is really fun seeing the kitchen come together. My copper sink in the island will be my vegetables only sink. My inner germaphobe always hated washing vegetables in the same sink as everything else since I eat a lot of them raw. Today I should have running water, a dishwasher and a stove top. Not doing the dishes in bathroom will also help soothe that inner germaphobe. The contractor says it should be mostly completed by Friday!

Today is my massage day. Back in April, I started doing monthly massages and I really love them! I need to start doing some sort of stretching/yoga with more regularity as I am noticing a lot more stiffness. I had shied away from some things because of my intestinal pain but since that seems to be improving, I need to move more!

We went out yesterday to get a few things we didn't have, like mushrooms and ground lamb. I was also on a mission to find beef tongue. I was able to score one at the farm market at the raw cheese place. I know that sounds weird but they are actually a sustainable farming operation. They butcher their young cows that are born each year that they don't need to produce milk for the cheese and they feed the whey that is a byproduct of cheese making to their pigs. The meat from the pigs is also available along with their lamb. Everything is pastured locally. And their store is fully of locally produced goods. They also started making their own charcuterie. It is fun to visit even if you don't eat cheese. E loves their cheese but some times I just stop their to browse and pet the goats. And if I am lucky, a calf or two!

I also got a bunch of mushrooms, maitake, oyster and king trumpets, which get chopped up and cooked with bacon. This week I used guanchaili, which is similar to bacon. Very tasty! And it makes a great breakfast since I am not eating eggs at the moment.

Time to start wrapping presents!

Vh67
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Dec 18 2018, 15:03

V - it sounds like everything is coming along nicely. Happy to hear the kitchen will be mostly done Friday. It will be an awesome Christmas present.

That cheese/farm sounds wonderful, wish I could find something like that around here.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Wed Dec 19 2018, 14:59

NM,
I feel very fortunate we have so many farms near us like that. This kind of sustainable farming and ranching is very big in this area. On shopping dat, we do a lot of driving but it is worth it!

Vh67
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Wed Dec 19 2018, 15:08

Electrical in the kitchen is done but the work on the new panel and service is still ongoing. The ovens are in as is the new window. Today the trim is being put in, the knobs and drawer pulls are being installed and the exhaust hood goes in. Tomorrow is probably more trim and the backsplash. Friday is paint and final electric I will post new pictures on Friday.

Eating has been good. Lots of veggies, fermented things and no sugar. The sugar demons raise their ugly heads every once in a while but so far, this week, I have won out. Today, I may actually roast some veggies in my new oven!
Vh67
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Dec 19 2018, 15:23

Glad your kitchen is almost done. You must be chomping at the bit! I REALLY want to see before AND after pics. There's nothing like a good kitchen remodel.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Wed Dec 19 2018, 15:52

^ Me too on the before & after shots. Looking forward to seeing the finished product, all the in-process shots look so nice.
Rig D
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Dec 19 2018, 16:14

^ me 3!
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Dec 20 2018, 00:30

Add me to the list as well.

So glad you have all that farming there. I’d do the drives as well. Definitely worth it.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Sun Dec 23 2018, 00:07

Been a few stressful days of construction and yesterday I had a bit of a meltdown that involved, embarrassingly, a few tears. They were supposed to be basically finished yesterday but were not. There is at least three more days of finish work and the electrical will not be finished until after the new year. Good news is the appliances are in and the paint is completed. I should have new pictures next week, after most of the finish work is done and the backsplash is installed. Happily we can use it and I am moving stuff into the drawers and the cabinets with shelves.

We leave tomorrow for E's parents. We are doing dinner with friends tomorrow night and then lots of family time. Presents are all in their bags and boxes. Looking forward to a little time away from the remodel and seeing everyone.

Food this week has been all over the place, some says great, others not so good. Tonight is smoked pork chops braised with red cabbage and duck fat roasted potatoes. I love being married to a man that cooks!

I will be probably be offline until we get back so I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and has a wonderful time with those you love!

Vh67
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Dec 23 2018, 00:35

Merry Christmas, V & E. Drive carefully and have a great time with family.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum