Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help for wife and daughter.

+6
ONTARIO
Rig D
Narrowminded
Annieh
The Walrus
Labtech
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Help for wife and daughter. - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for wife and daughter.

Post by keto Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:26 am

I made the lifestyle change for the oldest reason in the book:

Romantic betrayal. :-D

I decided to exact my revenge by getting in shape. I had no expectation that I'd ever run into the dude again -- he lived hundreds of miles from me -- but lo and behold, one day, after I'd dropped the weight and gotten buff, I did in fact cross paths with him.

His face was all: Shocked

More seriously: you mentioned your wife is going to take the Atkins approach. If she enjoys online communities, there are actually some good keto-related ones on reddit, including one for women. There are many, many success stories there, so she might draw inspiration/comfort in one of them.

I don't mean to be a keto-evangelist -- just putting it out there as an Atkins-compatible group of folks she might find simpatico.

(I was a huge doubter, totally pooh-pooh'd Atkins for years, till I tried the keto thing. There is SO much cultural programming about food/diet, it's hard to open up the ol' mind to different approaches.)

Good luck to you and your gals!
keto
keto

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:03 am

Subterfuge is not too bad a strategy. My husband was basically 50% primal when I started changing the way I cooked dinner, packing his lunch for work, making muesli without canola or sugar, and "cutting" his sweet yoghurt with Greek. In the end that got to be too much work and I have tapered off my efforts because they didn't really win him over. Still do primal dinners daily though.

As for surgery, drastic though it is, it may be the kick start they both need to make a change. My daughter's friend, who had dreadful habits, went through this and subsequently completely overhauled both diet and lifestyle in ways I never thought she would, the education that went along with it must have been pretty good. If only she could have changed sooner maybe she would not have had to endure it, but still, there is always hope.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:08 am

Labtech wrote: I've already made it good and satisfying for me, but they look at what I eat and find it gross.

This is sad, my dh is too polite to say so but I know he does not find my eggs and veges appealing at breakfast time, lol.

However, a proper primal feast at dinner is always delicious. I wonder if they would like to be invited to a sitdown meal cooked by you. Something delicious and not at all diet-like?
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum