Allow me to introduce myself!

Go down

Allow me to introduce myself!

Post by SapphireSongs on Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:45 am

Hello Primal Friends!

My husband and I had "gone primal" about 5 years ago after I had our first child.  We followed The 21-Day Total-Body Transformation, purged our house of junk, found Mark's Daily Apple, and had great success.  I lost 20 lbs and plateaued at my high school weight where my body seems to be happiest.  My husband, who had a lot more weight to lose, dropped 30 lbs before he stopped counting.  After a while we got lazy and let some things slide back into our diet.  When I got pregnant with our second child, the only thing I could keep down was carbs, so I put weight back on.  Unfortunately we lost that baby pretty late into the pregnancy and I became depressed, eating inordinate amounts of chocolate.  But now I'm ready to hop back onto the Primal bandwagon and I need support and community, especially since my sweet hubby isn't quite on board yet.  Wink

I'm looking to drop about 25 lbs but I'm okay with more poundage as long as it's rooted in health and strength!  I'm not so concerned with the numbers; I recognize that they are a helpful tool to gauge where I am, and that's all.  

So that's a little about who and where I am, and I look forward to participating on this forum, encouraging others, being encouraged, and making progress.

Thanks!
SapphireSongs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allow me to introduce myself!

Post by ONTARIO on Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:32 pm

Welcome! I, too, lost a baby pretty far into pregnancy (5 months) so I completely understand how it affected you both physically and emotionally. I'm so sorry for your loss.

But I'm glad you found us!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:07 pm

Sad for you, but happy that you have found primal as you know it will help you take care of yourself, plus husband and child too. Welcome.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SapphireSongs on Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:37 pm

Thanks, guys! Ontario, yeah, we lost ours at 7 months and it was pretty rough. I'm sorry for your loss as well. It took a lot longer than I thought to get out of that fog! But all is well now (4 years later...), and I'm excited to get motivated again. It's always encouraging to find people who understand! Very Happy
SapphireSongs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paysan on Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:31 pm

Sapphire - my sincerest condolences on losing your baby, especially so late in the pregnancy. One of my daughters lost her baby at 7 months on a high carb diet (following bariatric surgery and ill-followed advice). She is still remembered , even by 2 siblings born after. However, this marks your new beginning, and may your sad memories fade into simply memories as your health recovers.

Paysan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:54 am

So glad you're here! Can't wait to hear your adventures on your renewed primal journey. Smile
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:35 pm

I am so very sorry for your loss. I can inderstand the fog that comes with it.

Welcome here. This place is very supportive and getting back to primal will give your emotions a boost as well
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SapphireSongs on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:01 am

Thank you all for your encouragement! I'm excited to be part of a like-minded community, because I often have trouble staying focused on primal eating. I hope this will be the added boost I need to keep myself on track!
SapphireSongs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crogagnon on Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:16 pm

So sorry for your loss. You're very brave to give primal another chance. We're here to help!

crogagnon

View user profile https://paleotrack.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down