AltShift - Jason Seib

Go down

AltShift - Jason Seib

Post by nikitakolata on Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:14 pm

Has anyone here read Jason Seib's AltShift book? Are you aware of any way I can borrow it? Since it's pdf only our library doesn't carry it and I'm really weary about spending $25 on a book that probably has zero new information in it. But, I am curious. I'm considering trying his program that starts in a few days, but I don't know, it's a lot of money and I'm not sure if I can really stick with anything regimented. My husband wants to try 30 days of strict keto in January, so I guess I might be doing that even though I'm not thrilled with my keto experience. We usually do a whole 30 in January.

Any info on his program is appreciated!
avatar
nikitakolata

Posts : 50
Join date : 2017-11-27
Location : Chicago, IL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AltShift - Jason Seib

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:13 pm

There's a FB group for it. Maybe start there. I do know it's based on eating different macros different days - sort of like cycling macros so your body can't adjust to the way you eat.

_________________
"Transformation is just a fancy word for the choices you make on a daily basis."
- Nancy Levin
avatar
ONTARIO

Posts : 399
Join date : 2017-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AltShift - Jason Seib

Post by marcadav on Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:20 pm

I have a lot of experience with Jason Seib, as well as Altshift. He lives close to me so I have gone to several workshops and talks he has given. He is so determined to help people that he, quickly, gets back to people that contact him.

If fact, after I responded to an email he sent, about not marrying your pain, he came to my home to look at my movement patterns(I have cerebral palsy) and gave me things to work on. This was done free of charge.

He was also very honest when I ask about Altshift Activate, saying I probably didn't need to spend the money, at that time.

My suggestions for you are, listen to the podcasts, search the facebook page, join the altshift forum, join the Discord group, and consider contacting Jason directly. And, from my experience, the direct help you'll likely get from Jason is well worth the $25 you'll spend on the book.

In addition, you might want to start with reading Body Beliefs. The last I heard, the ebook was free if you sign up for Jason's emails-- he even says you can stop the emails after getting the ebook.

If you have specific questions I can try to answer them.


marcadav

Posts : 67
Join date : 2017-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AltShift - Jason Seib

Post by nikitakolata on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:41 am

marcadav wrote:I have a lot of experience with Jason Seib, as well as Altshift. He lives close to me so I have gone to several workshops and talks he has given. He is so determined to help people that he, quickly, gets back to people that contact him.

If fact, after I responded to an email he sent, about not marrying your pain, he came to my home to look at my movement patterns(I have cerebral palsy) and gave me things to work on. This was done free of charge.

He was also very honest when I ask about Altshift Activate, saying I probably didn't need to spend the money, at that time.

My suggestions  for you are,  listen to the podcasts, search the facebook page, join the altshift forum, join the Discord group, and consider contacting Jason directly. And, from my experience, the direct help you'll likely get from Jason is well worth the $25 you'll spend on the book.

In addition, you might want to start with reading Body Beliefs. The last I heard, the ebook was free if you sign up for Jason's emails-- he even says you can stop the emails after getting the ebook.

If you have specific questions I can try to answer them.


Thank you for the info! My main concern is the exercise component of AltShift. As I said, I'm considering joining his Activate program, but I am not sure if that will work for me based on the exercise component. I just don't have the time or desire to dedicate hours in the gym. I walk a lot already and do some random lifting of heavy things in the form of moving furniture and carrying my daughter all over the place. I know there's some weight lifting component, but I'm wondering what the time commitment is like.

Jason seems pretty amazing and I'm not that worried about giving up $25... I guess I'm just typically more of a library person so I'm not used to buying books and certainly not books that are $25. I've probably read over a hundred books on diets/programs over the years. The whole cycling between high carb/low fat and high fat/low carb sounds like the Fast Metabolism Diet, so I'm not sure if I even need to read another book to understand the concepts. I guess I've just spent so much money the past few weeks finishing my basement that I'm feeling cheap. Smile
avatar
nikitakolata

Posts : 50
Join date : 2017-11-27
Location : Chicago, IL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AltShift - Jason Seib

Post by Rig D on Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:33 am

I checked this out and they don't have anything by Seib, but this site is tied into many public libraries, is free, and your library membership gets you access to a lot of on-line books and audio books: https://www.hoopladigital.com/
avatar
Rig D

Posts : 569
Join date : 2017-11-27
Location : Dayton OH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AltShift - Jason Seib

Post by Greensprout on Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:43 am

I echo Marcadav. The book is well worth the $25. The Activate program doesn’t demand any further activity than regular daily walking. If you are on the fence, definitely download Body Beliefs, as much of his approach is mindset and getting yourself sorted out there, in ways you may have never considered. Then read AltShift, and consider if Activate is what makes sense for you. But if you want to plunge ahead now, you will need both the AltShift and Body Belief books. Again, be prepared for it to be more of a mental exercise than physical.
avatar
Greensprout

Posts : 321
Join date : 2017-12-03
Age : 50
Location : Canadian prairies (for now)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AltShift - Jason Seib

Post by marcadav on Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:23 am



Thank you for the info!  My main concern is the exercise component of AltShift.  As I said, I'm considering joining his Activate program, but I am not sure if that will work for me based on the exercise component.  I just don't have the time or desire to dedicate hours in the gym.  I walk a lot already and do some random lifting of heavy things in the form of moving furniture and carrying my daughter all over the place.  I know there's some weight lifting component, but I'm wondering what the time commitment is like.  

Jason seems pretty amazing and I'm not that worried about giving up $25... I guess I'm just typically more of a library person so I'm not used to buying books and certainly not books that are $25.  I've probably read over a hundred books on diets/programs over the years.  The whole cycling between high carb/low fat and high fat/low carb sounds like the Fast Metabolism Diet, so I'm not sure if I even need to read another book to understand the concepts.  I guess I've just spent so much money the past few weeks finishing my basement that I'm feeling cheap.  Smile

As I said, I have CP. I also have torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders that while they have been rehabbed, they have not been repaired. Having them repaired means not being able to care for myself for several weeks-- something I am not willing to subject myself to. This means exercising is an "exercise" in modification for me.

I don't belong to a gym. I have a treadmill, exercise bike, and weights at home. Given all of that, I have averaged 17,000+ steps/day for the last year. I also do the best I can to lift "heavy" things 3 times a week.

I understand the " feeling cheap" thing as I live on a very fixed income. I also know, given my undeniable, unchangeable, limitations, I have to make health my priority and I don't have the "luxury" of giving into excuses.

I don't know anything about the Fast Metabolism Diet. I do believe that Jason Seib offers more personal, one on one, help than any other person with a "diet/fitness" protocol I've read about. I also think he delves deeper in to the psychology of "why" someone is where they are, in regards to their body image/composition, than anyone else, given the many books/website/ etc. I've encountered.

I will also say this-- he is no nonsense. He tells it like it is. All the while, never judging a person for where they are.


Last edited by Lovebird on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct quotation)

marcadav

Posts : 67
Join date : 2017-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AltShift - Jason Seib

Post by Lovebird on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:01 am

https://drruscio.com/the-altshift-diet-with-jason-seib/

Marcadav, would you like me to edit your post so the quote shows correct? Or do it yourself if you like (just remove the first /).

BTW I like your info on Jason Seib. He sounds like a really good guy. Perhaps you could start a topic on thyroid health as you know plenty about it?
avatar
Lovebird

Posts : 645
Join date : 2017-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AltShift - Jason Seib

Post by marcadav on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:23 am

Lovebird, feel free to edit my post so it shows correctly.

As an added note, after posting my last message, I emailed Jason letting him know about this forum and the interest in/questions about Altshift.

marcadav

Posts : 67
Join date : 2017-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AltShift - Jason Seib

Post by Lovebird on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:34 am

marcadav wrote:Lovebird, feel free to edit my post so it shows correctly.

As an added note, after posting my last message, I emailed Jason letting him know about this forum and the interest in/questions about Altshift.

I always enjoy his e-mails as they often contain useful info, so him showing up here would be great! Thanks for reaching out!
avatar
Lovebird

Posts : 645
Join date : 2017-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AltShift - Jason Seib

Post by J Seib on Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:02 am

nikitakolata wrote:Has anyone here read Jason Seib's AltShift book?  Are you aware of any way I can borrow it?  Since it's pdf only our library doesn't carry it and I'm really weary about spending $25 on a book that probably has zero new information in it.  But, I am curious.  I'm considering trying his program that starts in a few days, but I don't know, it's a lot of money and I'm not sure if I can really stick with anything regimented.  My husband wants to try 30 days of strict keto in January, so I guess I might be doing that even though I'm not thrilled with my keto experience.  We usually do a whole 30 in January.  

Any info on his program is appreciated!  

Hi! You will need to read and understand AltShift before you start AltShift Activate, but it's probably more important (but not required) that you read Body Beliefs first. You can get it for free on my site, which I won't link here because I do not intend to spam these forums, or hard copies on Amazon (not free).

Also, the only exercise in AltShift Activate is walking.

When you sign up for my email list and get Body Beliefs for free (audio version, too), you will also get my personal cell phone number. You are welcome to call me whenever you like and I will be happy to answer all your questions and help you in any way I can, even if you just need advice. I promise I won't try to sell you anything. Smile

Thanks!

J Seib

Posts : 4
Join date : 2017-12-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AltShift - Jason Seib

Post by Lovebird on Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:06 am

Welcome to the forum Jason. And thanks!
avatar
Lovebird

Posts : 645
Join date : 2017-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AltShift - Jason Seib

Post by The Walrus on Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:28 pm

Hi Jason! Thanks for stopping by. I love your books - they changed my life, especially Body Beliefs.
avatar
The Walrus

Posts : 339
Join date : 2017-11-30
Age : 58
Location : Maine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AltShift - Jason Seib

Post by nikitakolata on Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:41 am

J Seib wrote:
nikitakolata wrote:Has anyone here read Jason Seib's AltShift book?  Are you aware of any way I can borrow it?  Since it's pdf only our library doesn't carry it and I'm really weary about spending $25 on a book that probably has zero new information in it.  But, I am curious.  I'm considering trying his program that starts in a few days, but I don't know, it's a lot of money and I'm not sure if I can really stick with anything regimented.  My husband wants to try 30 days of strict keto in January, so I guess I might be doing that even though I'm not thrilled with my keto experience.  We usually do a whole 30 in January.  

Any info on his program is appreciated!  

Hi!  You will need to read and understand AltShift before you start AltShift Activate, but it's probably more important (but not required) that you read Body Beliefs first.  You can get it for free on my site, which I won't link here because I do not intend to spam these forums, or hard copies on Amazon (not free).

Also, the only exercise in AltShift Activate is walking.

When you sign up for my email list and get Body Beliefs for free (audio version, too), you will also get my personal cell phone number.  You are welcome to call me whenever you like and I will be happy to answer all your questions and help you in any way I can, even if you just need advice.  I promise I won't try to sell you anything.  Smile

Thanks!

Wow, thanks for stopping by! I started reading Body Beliefs and I got a little derailed during the chaos of the holidays (so many of my employees were on vacation!). I'm ready to get back to reading it now though. I know I have a lot of the mental issues you talk about in the book. I'm not exactly sure how to change those, to be honest, but hopefully I can figure it out. I always run out of steam on any program and it's a huge problem for me. I guess I haven't figured out how to be intrinsically motivated 100% yet. I'm getting closer all the time because I'm less concerned about how I look and more concerned with how I feel.

So, I guess that's my long way of saying that I'm not quite ready for this round of Activate, but hopefully I will be in time for the next one. I really appreciate you taking the time to post. I have some homework to do, I guess!
avatar
nikitakolata

Posts : 50
Join date : 2017-11-27
Location : Chicago, IL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AltShift - Jason Seib

Post by J Seib on Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:51 am

nikitakolata wrote:
J Seib wrote:
nikitakolata wrote:Has anyone here read Jason Seib's AltShift book?  Are you aware of any way I can borrow it?  Since it's pdf only our library doesn't carry it and I'm really weary about spending $25 on a book that probably has zero new information in it.  But, I am curious.  I'm considering trying his program that starts in a few days, but I don't know, it's a lot of money and I'm not sure if I can really stick with anything regimented.  My husband wants to try 30 days of strict keto in January, so I guess I might be doing that even though I'm not thrilled with my keto experience.  We usually do a whole 30 in January.  

Any info on his program is appreciated!  

Hi!  You will need to read and understand AltShift before you start AltShift Activate, but it's probably more important (but not required) that you read Body Beliefs first.  You can get it for free on my site, which I won't link here because I do not intend to spam these forums, or hard copies on Amazon (not free).

Also, the only exercise in AltShift Activate is walking.

When you sign up for my email list and get Body Beliefs for free (audio version, too), you will also get my personal cell phone number.  You are welcome to call me whenever you like and I will be happy to answer all your questions and help you in any way I can, even if you just need advice.  I promise I won't try to sell you anything.  Smile

Thanks!

Wow, thanks for stopping by!  I started reading Body Beliefs and I got a little derailed during the chaos of the holidays (so many of my employees were on vacation!).  I'm ready to get back to reading it now though.  I know I have a lot of the mental issues you talk about in the book.  I'm not exactly sure how to change those, to be honest, but hopefully I can figure it out.  I always run out of steam on any program and it's a huge problem for me.  I guess I haven't figured out how to be intrinsically motivated 100% yet.  I'm getting closer all the time because I'm less concerned about how I look and more concerned with how I feel.  

So, I guess that's my long way of saying that I'm not quite ready for this round of Activate, but hopefully I will be in time for the next one.  I really appreciate you taking the time to post.  I have some homework to do, I guess!

Changing mental issues is EXACTLY what we do. So, you're kind of saying, "After I change these things on my own, then I'll give you my money to change them for me." If you can change your own head, you won't need me. Just stay the course. If you can't change them, I'll be here. But before you do Activate, I think you should read the testimonials on my site and see if it's what you're looking for.

J Seib

Posts : 4
Join date : 2017-12-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AltShift - Jason Seib

Post by nikitakolata on Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:57 am

J Seib wrote:Changing mental issues is EXACTLY what we do.  So, you're kind of saying, "After I change these things on my own, then I'll give you my money to change them for me."  If you can change your own head, you won't need me.  Just stay the course.  If you can't change them, I'll be here.  But before you do Activate, I think you should read the testimonials on my site and see if it's what you're looking for.

Ah, I see. I thought you needed the right frame of mind first, so that's good to know. I hate that I've kind of missed the first days though and I don't feel at all prepared right at this moment. I will keep researching and figure out if I can catch up. I wanted to have read both books before starting and I had great intentions and then life got in the way. I actually started reading Body Beliefs again in the 10 minutes since I posted the first time. As a small business owner there's always a fire to put out, as I am sure you know. I start doing something and then I'm out renting a truck because my van won't start in the cold, for example. It's always something!
avatar
nikitakolata

Posts : 50
Join date : 2017-11-27
Location : Chicago, IL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AltShift - Jason Seib

Post by J Seib on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:03 pm

No, don't try to catch up. Just join us for the next round in 7 weeks.

J Seib

Posts : 4
Join date : 2017-12-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AltShift - Jason Seib

Post by ONTARIO on Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:20 pm

J Seib wrote:

Changing mental issues is EXACTLY what we do.  So, you're kind of saying, "After I change these things on my own, then I'll give you my money to change them for me."  If you can change your own head, you won't need me.  Just stay the course.  If you can't change them, I'll be here.  But before you do Activate, I think you should read the testimonials on my site and see if it's what you're looking for.

Jason, I wanted to thank you for body beliefs. While I am personally pretty self-loving (mostly because I don't give two hoots what other people's opinions are of me) I recognize that my teenage daughter is stuck in that teenage girl nasty abyss of self-loathing and lives in the era of the selfie. So I downloaded the audio version of Body Beliefs and played it in the car for about 3 weeks straight for the hour of driving we do every Monday night for her guitar lessons. I didn't tell HER it was for her benefit but, well, her ears work so I am hoping some of it got in there!

Thanks!

_________________
"Transformation is just a fancy word for the choices you make on a daily basis."
- Nancy Levin
avatar
ONTARIO

Posts : 399
Join date : 2017-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AltShift - Jason Seib

Post by J Seib on Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:54 pm

ONTARIO wrote:
J Seib wrote:

Changing mental issues is EXACTLY what we do.  So, you're kind of saying, "After I change these things on my own, then I'll give you my money to change them for me."  If you can change your own head, you won't need me.  Just stay the course.  If you can't change them, I'll be here.  But before you do Activate, I think you should read the testimonials on my site and see if it's what you're looking for.

Jason, I wanted to thank you for body beliefs. While I am personally pretty self-loving (mostly because I don't give two hoots what other people's opinions are of me) I recognize that my teenage daughter is stuck in that teenage girl nasty abyss of self-loathing and lives in the era of the selfie. So I downloaded the audio version of Body Beliefs and played it in the car for about 3 weeks straight for the hour of driving we do every Monday night for her guitar lessons. I didn't tell HER it was for her benefit but, well, her ears work so I am hoping some of it got in there!

Thanks!

Fantastic!! Reaching the next generation is so important to me. Thanks for sharing.

J Seib

Posts : 4
Join date : 2017-12-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AltShift - Jason Seib

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum