Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coffee!!!!

+13
Pedidoc
OnTheBayou
ONTARIO
Neck2
SWSL
Acroyali
Paysan
RedComet
Lovebird
Rig D
The Walrus
srinath_69
Nightly Orange
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Coffee!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Coffee!!!!

Post by LoonieJ Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:21 pm

Coffee... yummm. A dark roast for me. Either made in a stove-top espresso pot, or a French press. I never make more than one mug at a time. (I may not be a connoisseur, but coffee that sits too long will get bitter.)

I don't have a favorite brand, but my favorite roasts are: French, Double French, and Italian. I've had very good luck with Costco coffees - reasonably priced, and tons of options. Also Winco's coffees (I know - how pedestrian!).

I like either butter or half 'n' half; no sweetener.
LoonieJ
LoonieJ

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheBayou Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:34 pm

LoonieJ wrote:(I may not be a connoisseur, but coffee that sits too long will get bitter.)

If you mean keeping it hot, of course. But even that, you've got 1-2 hours before it goes south.

I make a pot, drink, what I don't stays in the pot cold. Perfectly good the next day nuked.

OnTheBayou

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:15 am

I'm a "quantity, not quality" coffee person. I pretty much do what OTB does. On the rare occasions there is any left over, I just nuke it the next day and good to go.
I also like the Costco coffees for taste/cost.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by sharperhawk Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:57 pm

Any thoughts about coffee brewing methods and diterpenes such as cafestol and kahweol? Only a trivial amount of diterpenes get through a paper filter. French press, cowboy coffee, and other unfiltered methods allow a lot of diterpenes into the final product. Diterpenes raise LDL-C. I haven't seen any research that (1) differentiates between filtered and unfiltered coffee, and (2) looks at hard end points like mortality and morbidity.

The current CW advice is to choose filtered coffee over unfiltered coffee. My taste buds are not very sensitive so taste preferences are not much of a factor in choosing a method. At the moment I am splitting my consumption between coffee-bag instant (for convenience) and pour-over with a paper filter.
sharperhawk
sharperhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:19 pm

For me, the smell of coffee brewing is a biggie. For that I much prefer a percolator, for both sound/smell.  But we haven't had a percolator for years. Today it is strictly a "Mr Coffee" style unit, heat up the water, let it drip through a filter with the coffee grounds in it. One pass and you're done. I s'pose that may be one reason I'm not to sensitive to the quality of the coffee.

From the way back machine:
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3