Hi Everyone (and thanks Ontario)

Go down

Hi Everyone (and thanks Ontario)

Post by crogagnon on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:20 am

Hi Everyone,

I used to be active in the old forum but stopped a few years ago when a couple of guys who were up to no good, starting making trouble in my neighborhood.  I got in one little fight.... and left.   Very Happy

Hopefully only the fun people will be switching over to this forum.

A little background about me: I discovered Mark's Daily Apple in 2010. Eventually, I bought Mark's book and completely changed my diet and lifestyle. Although I once was 50 lbs overweight, when I started paleo I was only 15 lbs overweight and I was more interested in improving my chronic illnesses, like daily headaches, "gut problems", joint pain, brain fog, and energy crashes. Today I'm illness-free, 15 lbs lighter, and haven't felt this healthy in my whole life (I'm 42).

During that journey, I created PaleoTrack.  It's a free food tracker specifically designed for paleo and keto.  I had started using FitDay and was annoyed with its speed and its conventional wisdom advice. I hated seeing my saturated fat and cholesterol in the red zone every day! I wanted an equivalent tool that would instead tell me what interests me: Did I avoid poisonous things? Is my omega-6 to omega-3 ratio healthy?  So I built my own tool.

If you haven't tried PaleoTrack, please do so (it's free) and give me your feedback. It's designed for us, so I want to continue improving it for our needs.

Thanks, and looking forward to a more friendly forum!

crogagnon

View user profile https://paleotrack.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi Everyone (and thanks Ontario)

Post by Lovebird on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:27 am

Welcome to the forum, Crogagnon!
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:54 am

Welcome aboard, hope you will find this site suitable. I'm trying out your site, looks pretty darn good.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:01 pm

Hey, welcome! I am glad you found us.

I am going to mosey on over to your site. I hadn't heard of it before. You had me at "free". Wink

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:49 am

Welcome. This neck of the woods is much more friendly Smile. I think I checked out your app years ago. I need to go refresh my memory. Thanks
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crogagnon on Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:22 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome.  It is indeed more friendly so far!  Smile

It's unfortunate that it only takes a few toxic people to ruin a place.  But in the end, it was the tsunami of spam that really killed the forum.

crogagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:32 pm

Hmm, I think you are overlooking the complete and totally encompassing neglect exhibited by MDA management in terms of supporting the forum. They let it deteriorate steadily from at least September of 2016 with the "new format" MDA release, with virtually no effort made to address issues.

If they had made even a modest effort, or enlisted the help of some of the people who volunteered to help, it would probably be live and kicking today. But, if you choose to ignore all communications from your end user community, you are destined to fail. In this case very convincingly.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:45 pm

Welcome! I do remember Paleotrack. Can’t recall what your username was on MDA however. Wishing you continued success on your journey to health.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crogagnon on Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:44 pm

Thanks. I had the same username on MDA.

crogagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content