Fitbit - do you use one

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Fitbit - do you use one

Post by Annieh on Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:06 pm

Lol, I don't think it's sad. It means you are using it to help you meet your goals. Keep having fun and I hope your new device arrives soon.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitakolata on Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:06 pm

Nothing wrong with walking around the kitchen island! In fact, my daughter's favorite thing to do these days is to have me or my husband chase her in circles around our island. I got over 1,000 steps doing that the other day.
nikitakolata

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:13 pm

I hope you really enjoy the tracker, Ontario.

As I think I mentioned previously, I've been doing some comparisons between a chest strap heart rate monitor and my Garmin wrist based tracker. I knew before I ever bought the wrist based tracker that they are far less accurate than a chest strap and was OK with it. What I am noticing though, is that the wrist based tracker is least accurate when the heart rate is coming down at the end of an activity. This matters because the speed with which your heart returns to a normal rate is an important measure of fitness, and a way of determining when your fitness is improving (responding to the exercise program). I'm still assessing, but this is a disappointing finding.

Still, as a tool that reminds me to move throughout the day, not just when exercising, I find that wearing a tracker of any sort is helpful.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Neck2 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:05 pm

Family member bought me an ifit a couple years ago.  I didn’t like the 10$ monthly subscription fee required to use it so never activated it.  Still feel kinda bad for wasting the gift and all, but I’m kinda into eliminating items/subscriptions I don’t need.....not adding to them.

Neck2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

VivoFit 4 Review

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:25 pm

I received the VivoFit 4 as a gift on January 27th. By January 30th I noticed the screen would flash a triangle which I learned meant the unit was rebooting. Then the same day the unit started losing steps. This continued for a few days until I returned the unit on February 2nd.

I re-ordered another VivoFit 4 and it arrived February 4th. I wore the unit and by February 6th it was already glitching, rebooting and losing steps. It would lose as many as 600 steps in one hour. I am returning this unit as well.

PROS

The wrist band had a secure clasp - much like a traditional watch clasp
Wrist size small/medium fits well on most women
The unit was a nice size
The screen was colour and easy to read
It can be customized to show different specs and analytics that you choose and the order they display both on the screen and in the app
Bluetooth enabled and daily stats
Daily challenges should you wish to participate
The steps were very accurate
Sleep analytics
Calories
Steps

CONS

Obviously my biggest con is that the unit didn't actually work as promised
You can not update software as updates become available unless you have an ANT+ (that does NOT come with the unit). Otherwise you just have to wait for it to update eventually
No heart rate

Notes: I actually think that should this VivoFit 4 have worked as promised it would have been a good unit. It has a lot of pluses for the price. However, if it doesn't work it's all for naught. Maybe once it's been around a while and the kinks are worked out it will be better. Only time will tell.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles67 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:58 am

I have the fitbit charge 2. I really like it. I mostly check steps and sleep quality. the app is easy to use.

My favorite tracker ever was the BodyFit armband made popular in the early days of Biggest Loser. It actually accurately told how many calories I had burned in a day plus sleep and steps. The negative was the $7 monthly fee for use of the website. They are out of business now, I think.
Pebbles67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:29 pm

Pebbles67 wrote:I have the fitbit charge 2.  I really like it.  I mostly check steps and sleep quality. the app is easy to use.

The Charge 2 is what I plan to buy if this ANT stick Garmin is sending doesn't correct the problem. I have heard good things about it.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum