The never ending tales of Grokalicious...primal positivity

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: The never ending tales of Grokalicious...primal positivity

Post by Greensprout on Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:14 pm

Glad to read you’re feeling on the mend.

Such a great gift of the letter and photo of your Dad. I lost mine nearly 40 years ago, and miss that I never had the opportunity to know him as an adult me. I believe we were very alike in many ways.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:52 am

Happy to hear you’re feeling better Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grokalicious on Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:43 am

Greensprout wrote:Glad to read you’re feeling on the mend.  

Such a great gift of the letter and photo of your Dad.  I lost mine nearly 40 years ago, and miss that I never had the opportunity to know him as an adult me.  I believe we were very alike in many ways.

I know how very lucky I was to have mine throughout my life although the last almost 9 years have been so difficult without him. Some mornings I wake up thinking about something funny to tell him and I pad along merrily into the kitchen completely forgetting he's gone. I'll put water on for coffee, place a filter in the maker, mindlessly grab coffee from freezer, all the while laughing about what I want to tell him. And then, with a dull thud I remember that he's gone and I can't call him or tell him anything.
Grokalicious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:53 am

Hugs Grok
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grokalicious on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:20 am

Narrowminded wrote:Hugs Grok

Thanks, I needed that Smile
Grokalicious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:03 pm

A whole month......
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grokalicious on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:42 pm

Every moment in my life has had the potential for magic, even the sad ones. Of course, me being me, I tend to imbue the ordinary with fairy dust to some degree and yet my life has had amazing peak experiences tucked into it every step of the way.

Before I left the man whose life I saved in Mexico and when I still lived in Northern California, I was quite active with acting and commercial print modeling. I'd high tail it to an audition down in San Francisco, a three hour drive from where I lived. Always with a frisson of excitement running through me because I'd receive last minute calls on my answering service (pre cell phone, of course) and tear off willy-nilly. I loved it, such good and amazing fun.

One night, I was heading home from the city quite tired so was driving slowly up Highway 128, a curvy back and forth road that was in the middle of nowhere but led to my home up on the coast. The moon had just risen that warm July evening and I pulled over on the side of the road right before a little hill in the road that created a bit of a valley. Even with the bright moonlight, I couldn't see the dark area that lay ahead from my vantage point but I really wanted to stretch my legs and take a break from driving. I had driven down to San Francisco and back in the same day and was fairly exhausted. I turned the car off but left the radio on with George Michael's voice faintly crooning in the background.

I crested the little hill on foot and with a gasp saw a small dead fox kit on the road. It made me sad and I thought it would be nice to set it ceremoniously by the ancient oak tree whose branches canopied over us, and lay some little flowers I had next to it. Off I trotted to the car and grabbed an old towel and walked slowly back kind of dreading what I felt I had to do. With the moon finally lighting up the little valley on the road, I tenderly wrapped the little dead fox in the towel and placed it at the side of the tree and was just about to lay down the flowers when I noticed the Mother fox had come to watch me with her four surviving kits. She keened and I knew she was aware of what was happening. The surviving kits followed her everywhere she went as she paced but she finally sat down on the opposite side of the road, her stare never leaving me. She watched me as I took care of her dead baby, tears dripping gently down my face and then, like all special moments seem to do, life just stood still. The moon's silvery rays illuminated our faces and there we all were staring at one another, the warm breeze gently ruffling their fur as well as my hair. It was definitely a moment of connection, beautiful and memorable and sad, all at the same time. Such visceral emotions I felt and yet, I knew I had done the right thing.

With a deep sigh I turned towards the car, started it up and headed toward home softly singing to myself in the late night air...

Last edited by Grokalicious on Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:47 am; edited 4 times in total
Grokalicious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:15 am

Aw, Grokalicious, that was a beautiful story. What an intense experience, thank you for sharing.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:32 am

Gives me chills. We do not give animals the credit they deserve. After all, they are out in the wild surviving and we are protected from the weather, have access to endless food and think we are superior.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:59 am

Sad
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:49 pm

Thank you for sharing that experience
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:08 pm

Hi Groc -- I'm also a MDA transfer. I just wanted to say you write beautifully! Please share more!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:51 am

Where are you?

I hope you are well and have figured out your work life or your love life or both!  Can't remember how things were going when you last entered in your journal.

Miss your writing and thoughts.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2