George P is here

Go down

George P is here

Post by George P Burdell on Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:18 am

George P Burdell is an alternate ID for Rig D, to allow viewing the site as a normal user, not as a moderator.

George P is a fictitious person. He is know by every single Georgia Tech alumnus, having enrolled at Georgia Tech in 1927, graduated in 1931 and continuing his education at the "North Avenue Trade School" ever since. He's served in the military, was in WWII, Korea, Iraq. He's served on the board of directors for Mad Magazine for over 10 years. He served with NASA on space explorations, and briefly led the 2001 Time Magazine Person of the year voting.  During my tenure at Tech we had the first computerized registration and George enrolled in every single course that was offered. George is single, but was briefly engaged to Ramona Cartwright, a true compatriot in reality, from Agnes Scott college

Today he is a Mechanical Engineering prof at Georgia Tech, (me.gatech.edu/faculty/burdell) and I hear him paged occasionally at various venues, particularly in/around Atlanta but occasionally in far removed cities at airports, etc.  He's a truly industrious guy.
George P Burdell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: George P is here

Post by Paysan on Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:41 pm

George a.k.a. known as Rig D., you had me at 10 years on Mad Magazine! All that other stuff doesn't hurt, either! You're what I call a well-rounded guy. Very Happy

Paysan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:18 pm

Very, very, funny! Love it!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:10 pm

I, like many Tech alum, have used him as a useful alter ego for generations. While working in Deee-troit in the mid 70's, my company (big outfit) started a tracking system to id those coming in late/leaving early. After my project leader left the world HQ building one day at 3 PM, went to a nearby company building, worked all night to beat a deadline and came back at 9AM the next day and ended up "on report" for leaving early and coming in late, I always signed in as George P. We had a good number of Tech people and I was among several doing that, because our HR people ended up scouring the building for George P, he was typically on the report several times each day. They were truly clueless and never did figure it out.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:42 am

Nice to meet you George P. You have been such a help to me already over at MDA.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down